The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

On 09/11/2018 at 19:56, 8MileBU said:

Think I’ve got it sussed. Train from Exhibition Centre to Glasgow Central then hoof it from Central to Queen Street.

Aye, that's your best bet but I'd make sure you're out of the gig sharp, maybe move to the back for the encore. You sometimes end up having to wait for a second train to come into Exhibition Centre post-gig with the first one getting full if you're not up there quickly.

Just realised this morning that yesterday was three years to the day since Lamb of God were last here supporting Megadeth; I'm more buzzing for them than I am for Slayer tbh.

21 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Just realised this morning that yesterday was three years to the day since Lamb of God were last here supporting Megadeth; I'm more buzzing for them than I am for Slayer tbh.

You know normally I'd agree but this is Slayer for the final time and a last chance to experience some of those absolute classic bangers. It's all about Slayer tonight for me.

Aye, that's your best bet but I'd make sure you're out of the gig sharp, maybe move to the back for the encore. You sometimes end up having to wait for a second train to come into Exhibition Centre post-gig with the first one getting full if you're not up there quickly.

All sorted. Trains through and getting picked up at 1am so can get a couple beers after too!

ETA: Buzzing equally for Lamb of God and Slayer, but also would like to see a bit of Anthrax as I’ve never seen them before.

Obituary 1820, Anthrax 1910, Lamb of God 2010, Slayer 2125.

I don't bother with pits much anymore, but f**k it, Slayer for the last time, I'm going for it all night tonight. My mate did Newcastle as well as tonight and he tells me this is the most post-gig pain he's been in Bloodstock 2013, when funnily enough Slayer, Lamb of God and Anthrax were all responsible for how broken we felt come the Monday.

Seething at myself for not having enough holidays left to have a half day and be in the pub already tbh.

As tempting as it is to roll out the superlatives after that gig, it would be doing the occasion a disservice to focus on how good tonight alone was. You could genuinely see how much Tom Araya was revelling in the appreciation at the end, if ever there was a band who deserve that kind of send off.

Dittohead! Fucking Dittohead!

As we were giving the ovation at the end I could clearly remember the first time I put SoH on my cassette player at 14 or whatever and just thought wow. THIS is what they mean by thrash metal.

Honourable mention to all the supports, Anthrax were on great form, first time I’d seen Obituary, will definitely take more notice and LoG put on a good show, not really my thing but he’s a great front man.

Slayer were fucking incredible last night. I’m a hungover mess this morning and my neck is sore as f**k!

Although I’ve been perfectly aware that that gig was going to be the last time I seen Slayer, me and my two mates had a proper moment of realisation when we were walking back into the city centre, that we’ve been going to see Slayer for over 20 years when they’ve come to Scotland, but that really actually was ‘the end’ and our last Slayer gig.

What a fucking band...

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7676.jpg

IMG_7696.jpg

IMG_7712.jpg

Must admit I enjoyed sitting last night. My pit days are well behind me and whilst getting up close would have been fun I was thankful to wake up this morning with no aching back and feet. First time I’ve sat at a gig, thought the sound was great and it was nice to watch everyone going apeshit down below, Indians being a highlight as I suspected it would be.

Went to Rufus T pre gig but it was empty and music was shite. Popped over to Solid Rock which was more like it. Busy and TV’s showing Slayer gigs.

On another note, £70 for a hoodie, wtf!?!?

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Must admit I enjoyed sitting last night. My pit days are well behind me and whilst getting up close would have been fun I was thankful to wake up this morning with no aching back and feet. First time I’ve sat at a gig, thought the sound was great and it was nice to watch everyone going apeshit down below, Indians being a highlight as I suspected it would be.

Went to Rufus T pre gig but it was empty and music was shite. Popped over to Solid Rock which was more like it. Busy and TV’s showing Slayer gigs.

On another note, £70 for a hoodie, wtf!?!?

Aye, any time I've been in Hydro seating the view and sound has been fantastic.

I usually hang near the back of gigs now and the way I felt waking up this morning is why. Both elbows are skint to f**k and I think I need a hip replacement, my whole left hand side is aching.

I hold Lamb of God entirely responsible for this. Words can be broken, so can bones indeed.

Thought Anthrax were excellent as well, Belladonna can be hit and miss these days but last night was every bit as good as the Barras show.