The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I'm getting used to gig tickets going up and up. 

Saw architects at the abc and ally pally, they were brilliant both times and are getting the press coverage to match.    Given they sold out ally pally, are playing wembley this time around, only playing 4 UK shows I'm actually a little surprised  to see them at the academy, and given they are i'm not bothered about them charging  nearer arena prices .  

Had never listened to Sabaton before (saw pictures and assumed from their preposterous appearance that they'd be pish nonsense) but just listened to a load of their stuff today. Never been into that whole power metal thing but they're class.

I’ve always opted not to listen to them too based on their appearance reminding somewhat of The Bushwhackers/Dudley Boys. Gonna give a couple of their tunes a listen just now. Will report back.

ETA - Report:

Fucking hell. They’re utter pish![emoji23]

On 9/24/2018 at 09:21, IainMorton said:

Metallica announce two shows in England next year - Manchester Etihad Stadium 18/06 and Twickenham on 20/06. Tempted by the Manchester gig but tickets will be around £90 again!

Got two tickets for Manchester this morning. £216!!! :o:wacko:

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Got two tickets for Manchester this morning. £216!!! :o:wacko:

Yeah literally went online to buy a ticket, £95 not including fees. Add travel and accommodation on top of that = I’m out :( 

Edited by IainMorton

4 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Yeah literally went online to buy a ticket, £95 not including fees. Add travel and accommodation on top of that = I’m out :( 

Aye it's extortionate but I'm just too much of a 'tallica fanboy to miss out! :wacko:

Still need to get accommodation and decide whether we're driving or training it.

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye it's extortionate but I'm just too much of a 'tallica fanboy to miss out! :wacko:

Still need to get accommodation and decide whether we're driving or training it.

I’m so tempted to stick it on the mastercard but I’ve been paying that off for a year now, don’t need any more debt :lol: