The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Has anyone on here been to the aecc in Aberdeen before ? Not that long 'til Maiden so starting to think about how to get there etc.

Parking looks ok but I'd be concerned about getting out in a reasonable time as we're planning on heading straight back down the road at the end of the gig - looks like a few side streets in the area that could be better options !?

Any info appreciated.

Edited by Ned Nederlander

6 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Has anyone on here been to the aecc in Aberdeen before ? Not that long 'til Maiden so starting to think about how to get there etc.

Parking looks ok but I'd be concerned about getting out in a reasonable time as we're planning on heading straight back down the road at the end of the gig - looks like a few side streets in the area that could be better options !?

Any info appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend parking at the AECC itself.  We did that before and it can take ages to get out of the car park and they send you all the way around Exploration Drive.

We've parked at this car park in the nearby industrial estate where Bensons for Beds and Screwfix is located before - https://goo.gl/maps/ygsUgSKQ3Xv

Its a short walk to the AECC and we got away fairly quick as well at the end.

47 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I wouldn't recommend parking at the AECC itself.  We did that before and it can take ages to get out of the car park and they send you all the way around Exploration Drive.

We've parked at this car park in the nearby industrial estate where Bensons for Beds and Screwfix is located before - https://goo.gl/maps/ygsUgSKQ3Xv

Its a short walk to the AECC and we got away fairly quick as well at the end.

Nice one, we'll use that :)

1 hour ago, NorthernLights said:

Interesting to see that Stephen Hill and Remfry Dedman have started a podcast...

There is a thread on the Download forum and I noticed Remfry posted this which seemed like a bit of a dig towards Beez and TNM.

It'll be long form, but we're not egotistical enough to think that we can throw out hours and hours of content every week and everybody will lap it up because our **** don't stink ...

• 3 weeks later...

I am a little bit old school when it comes to my metal.

metallica

A7X

AC/DC

iron Madien

slayer

sepultura

megadeth 

Anthrax

but also love...

foos

muse

biffy

blink 182 

i will read right through this thread later! Should be fun! 

I am a little bit old school when it comes to my metal.
metallica
A7X
AC/DC
iron Madien
slayer
sepultura
megadeth 
Anthrax
but also love...
foos
muse
biffy
blink 182 
i will read right through this thread later! Should be fun! 

Seeing Avenged Sevenfold described as “Old School” has made me feel fucking ancient

33 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Seeing Avenged Sevenfold described as “Old School” has made me feel fucking ancient

Ok not quite as old as the others on the list, but around in the last century. That is nearly 18 year so ago!