The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Sucks to hear that the ABC get ruined in that fire last night :/
Seen many great Metal gigs in there and only really Barrowland beats it when it comes to atmosphere , sound quality and such.
Heres hoping it can be restored cause i really fucking hate The Academy :/

Agreed. After The Barrowlands, The ABC is my favourite venue for a gig, highlights probably seeing/meeting Killswitch Engage there followed by Chas & Dave! [emoji4]

Geezo that’s a shock, only 54 as well. Think I’ll look out my 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell DVD for later, today is definitely a Pantera day.

3 Vulgar Videos is THEE best metal dvd! What a fucking riot being on tour with them must have been!

Went through to Motherwell last night for Sons Of Apollo the band featuring Mike Portnoy and Derek Sherinian both ex of Dream Theater, Billy Sheehan Mr Big and Dave Lee Roth, Bumblefoot (Ron Thal) ex G N R and Jeff Scott Soto of Trans Siberian Orchestra. Absolutely fantastic. They are playing later in the year in Glasgow Garage. I cannot recommend them enough. Plenty of virtuoso playing with lots of fun thrown in. One of the best gigs I have seen this year without a doubt!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to Damnation Festival again in November, really enjoyed my first one last year so hopefully this will be of similar standard.

15 hours ago, Comrie said:

I'm going to Damnation Festival again in November, really enjoyed my first one last year so hopefully this will be of similar standard.

This'll be my 4th, was at 2014, 15 and 17.  The moment they announced Ihsahn was enough to make me buy a ticket for this years festival.

Heavy Scotland has been cancelled.

They posted a survey recently to the Facebook page and I did find it a bit odd at the time and sounded like they were struggling and were trying to work out something.

Last night I saw Lord of the Land update their cover photo to say "Scotland's Only Metal Festival" and I did think that was curious. 

I always thought the Friday line up in particular would never come anywhere near close to half filling a venue like the Corn Exchange.

I'd never even heard of those two festivals. I'll try and get to Lord of the Land in 2019 if there are tickets available. Living in the boonies isn't fun sometimes.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I'd never even heard of those two festivals. I'll try and get to Lord of the Land in 2019 if there are tickets available. Living in the boonies isn't fun sometimes.

There are definitely tickets available for LotL - https://tickets-scotland.com/venues.html?event_method=viewevent&event_id=3799ed6e-4226-11e8-9211-22000b754a1f

So far they've announced Tankard (can't say I know anything about them) and Rotting Christ.  There must be at least 7 bands to be announced.