The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

I just want to sing "Freedooooooom" :lol:
Not played Icarus for 32 years. A proper rarity. A real singalong friendly set too. Reckon that's why the Blaze songs were picked. 

Icarus a real highlight that and where eagles dare. Been watching Maiden since 88 live this set is up there with the best. Really hard set for Bruce I think

7 hours ago, marty_j said:

Aye thought that too but bought clansman and sign of the cross as although seen them live hadn’t sat and listened to them. Both belters especially Clansman.

Would of loved to see Phantom though never seen it live. Icarus though emoji869.pngcan’t fuckin wait

If I'm remembering right they played phantom on the early days tour, can't recall ever seeing them play flight of Icarus tho. Which is strange considering that apart from being a cracking sing along, it was one of their bigger hits.

I see hallowed is back on the set list after that nonsense last year.

The clansman is a different song with Bruce singing it, he just brings more energy to it.

I wonder what is going on with That's Not Metal.  They took the 17th off, I think it was the first proper break the main show has had since it started.  Beez did do a small podcast explaining that and how the fact it was mental health week made it feel like a good time to take a break.  He said it would be back to normal next week.  That seemed fair enough.  There was a post on Facebook in the middle of last week asking for questions for the show but no episode has appeared.  Nothing on their Facebook or Twitter page about the reason why or to apologise and Beez is not exactly being open about things.  It is what puts me off signing up for their Patreon, paying £17 a year for a weekly podcast is one thing but £12+ a month is a little different.  Hopefully nothing too bad or serious is going on but a bit of communication and openness goes a long way.  

He replied to a tweet asking about it saying there'd be no show for last week on Friday, but that's the only word from either of them. Agreed that I wouldn't be putting my money into it either with this level of uncertainty.

Hope they're both alright though, they've been open about both taking time off for mental health reasons in the last few months and their health has to be the most important thing.

I hope the podcast continues in some guise either way. I'd gotten really lazy in terms of listening to new music a couple of years ago and was just going over the same small group of bands and albums time after time with the only new bands I checked out being those I found by accident as support bands or at festivals. I'd genuinely put finding the buzz for listening to new artists again and checking out albums again down to TNM first and foremost, with stuff from as wide a range of heavy music from hardcore bands like Stray From The Path, softer rock bands like Greta Van Fleet, to black metal like Deathspell Omega. It's a cracking podcast that I've discovered a lot of bands through.

If I'm remembering right they played phantom on the early days tour, can't recall ever seeing them play flight of Icarus tho. Which is strange considering that apart from being a cracking sing along, it was one of their bigger hits.
I see hallowed is back on the set list after that nonsense last year.
The clansman is a different song with Bruce singing it, he just brings more energy to it.

Icarus not been played since 1986!!

3 minutes ago, marty_j said:

Icarus not been played since 1986!!

One of my personal favourites as well. Couldn't believe it when that popped up on Twitter. Messaged the cousin I'm going with in constant caps lock mode.

Anybody going to see the Sons Of Apollo at the Motherwell Concert Hall on 2nd July?

Tickets are £25 from 

culturenl.co.uk

ticketmaster.co.uk

firestormlive.com

This is their first UK headline gig and should be a bit of a belter.

Support is by Edinburgh boys The King Lot and a band from Dubai called Jay Wud.

SoA_motherwell-1.png

I see their guitarist died the other day by falling off an escalator in a shopping mall.

Apt, imo.

“According to a police report, the 45-year-old was reportedly “clowning around and riding the rail of the escalator” before he fell backwards off an escalator at the Providence Place shopping mall in Providence, Rhode Island.

The guitarist fell one whole floor and suffered a fatal injury after hitting his head on a table in the food court. He was taken to Rhode Island Hospital but was pronounced dead soon after.”

45 and acting the goat on an escalator [emoji1]

The songs are very short is literally the only positive thing I could say about them. Would anyone honestly listen to that for enjoyment?
I assumed they were excerpts from the full tracks. Mother will be so disappointed now....as am I. Grrrrrrr

If you think any of those might offend her just get her an Anal c**t album... [emoji1]
I actually asked her to go into Listen record shop in Paisley the day Motorheads Bomber LP was released.... and ask for it on blue vinyl. She did and I still have it to this day[emoji1]

22 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I actually asked her to go into Listen record shop in Paisley the day Motorheads Bomber LP was released.... and ask for it on blue vinyl. She did and I still have it to this dayemoji1.png

Mums are great for that.

Mine went into Goldrush in Perth (of blessed memory) and got me a limited edition Xentrix 12 " single on the day of release when I was in Germany on a school exchange. Still got it, too.

I actually asked her to go into Listen record shop in Paisley the day Motorheads Bomber LP was released.... and ask for it on blue vinyl. She did and I still have it to this day[emoji1]

Mums are great for that.
Mine went into Goldrush in Perth (of blessed memory) and got me a limited edition Xentrix 12 " single on the day of release when I was in Germany on a school exchange. Still got it, too.

When the first Body Count album came out, I asked my Mum if she’d buy me it. She took one look at the ‘Parental Advisory: Explicit Lyrics’ sticker and told me to f**k off.