The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

On 19/12/2016 at 19:43, NorthernLights said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-38420823

Just saw the Anthrax gig next month is the same night as Firewind :( 

Still leaning towards Anthrax even though ive seen them a couple more times, but this is the first time i can remember them playing Glasgow as the headline act rather than support for somebody.

Had no idea Sonata Arctica are playing the Classic Grand in march either. Thankfully that doesnt clash with Devin.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, DavieCFC said:

and unfortunately what i feared was correct, only 1 Helloween date in the UK and its London

November on a Tuesday, could potentially clash with a european tie too :unsure:

Aye pretty shit that. Not really a fan anymore but was hugely into them late 80s early 90s - might have gone along to a date nearer home. Shame as Edinburgh Playhouse show captured on Live In UK album, still ranks up there with my best ever gigs.

Edited by marty_j

Rammstein Paris DVD trailer. 

They are doing live screenings for a cinematic release as well. GFT in Glasgow on March 23rd. I love this band. Their visual output over the years is incredible and they manage to improve with each album. I can't wait. 

• 2 weeks later...
Big rumour that Metallica will announce a european tour on monday with Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat as support.

Glasgow date please.

Apparently it's their North America tour dates that are being announced on Monday. Haven't seen any mention of European dates being announced yet.

I'd love to see Metallica again, but I imagine ticket prices nowadays will see tickets at face value 75 upwards.

Same here but I'd pay it. I don't think I'll ever tire of going to a Metallica gig. Yeah they're getting old but unlike (IMO) Iron Maiden and Judas Priest etc, for me they're still totally relevant, haven't become a nostalgia band yet and keep writing absolutely belting tunes. Hardwired... is a fucking brilliant album and would love to see them play some of those tracks live.

I think when they do release the tour dates for the UK they'll sell out fast. Maybe even break the internet.