The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Anthrax announce 8 date UK headline tour. They're playing Among the Living front to back as well as other goodies.

February 15, oh yeah and it's at the Barras :thumsup2

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-15/anthrax-announce-among-the-living-30th-anniversary-uk-tour

Edited by jagfox99

25 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Anthrax announce 8 date UK headline tour. They're playing Among the Living front to back as well as other goodies.

February 15, oh yeah and it's at the Barras :thumsup2

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-11-15/anthrax-announce-among-the-living-30th-anniversary-uk-tour

Were better with John bush but that could be a decent night.

One of my favourite ever gigs was Anthrax at the Barras for the State of Euphoria tour back in 89(?). Fucking mental night and was boiling hot as I'm sure it was in July. Some nut job pulled Frankie Bello into the crowd during the encore.

Metal Thrashing Mad 8)

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Were better with John bush but that could be a decent night.

Agreed - John bush Anthrax show at Barras a few years ago was awesome. As much as I love early Among The Living etc - not a huge fan of Joey. Probably going to take in Newcastle for old times sake.  emoji869.png

Edited by marty_j

Wednesday, Nov. 16: 12PM ET – “Dream No More” (Directed by Tom Kirk) 2PM ET – “Confusion” (Directed by Claire Marie Vogel) 4PM ET – “ManUNkind” (Directed by Jonas Åkerlund) 6PM ET – “Now That We’re Dead” (Directed by Herring & Herring) 8PM ET – “Here Comes Revenge” (Directed by Jessica Cope) 10PM ET – “Am I Savage” (Directed by Herring & Herring) Thursday, Nov. 17: 12AM ET – “Halo On Fire” (Directed by Herring & Herring) 2AM ET – “Murder One” (Directed by Robert Valley) 4AM ET – “Spit Out The Bone” (Directed by Phil Mucci) 6AM ET – “Lords of Summer” (Directed by Brett Murray)

Me and my mate are huge Metallica fans and have made a conscious effort to not listen to the new album until Saturday afternoon with a few beers. We've heard the three songs that have been out for a while but that's it. Heard a few folk say it's a Load, meets Death Magnetic with hints of the Black Album type album. Looking forward to hearing it as I really enjoyed the three released tracks they initially put out prior to suddenly putting up the vids of the rest of the tracks. 

18 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

I have to say. ManUNkind is very nice indeed.

I veered between meh and bobbing my head up and doon a wee bit during bits of it.

5 hours ago, PrestersKTID said:

Confusion was decent, they've basically sat down and come up with hundreds of riffs and tried to shoehorn them into the album. Sucker for a good riff tho so not too bothered.

It's like they've went too far down the perfectionist road and tinkered with it too much.

Anyone wanting a ticket to BFMV/KSE at the O2 Academy on the 30th of November?  Plans have changed and I won't be in Glasgow on that evening.  I'll be in Glasgow from Saturday through to the Tuesday before so can hand it anyone who wants it then.  It was £30 + P&P etc but happy to sell it for £20.

Anyone know what can I expect from Gold Standing ?

As long as it doesn't include a shower you'll be alright [emoji28].... Weird image of ozzy pissing over the crowd now.. Hmm

Anyway..
I've managed to catch Sabbath 4 times in the last few years, twice Donington, once at Hyde Park and the other in the Hydro. The Hydro was by far the best one of the lot. Happened to be the 13 album tour (big fan of that album) so least got some new songs in there.
It's a pretty standard set now, just the big classics but they're brilliant nonetheles.
I was going to go to this gig but baulked at the price they were charging. In the space of 3 years the price had went up £30! Unreal..

Aaaand now for Metallica's new album..

Thought most of it was pretty average/poor without a couple of gems. Standouts for me are Moth, Spit out the bone, am I savage and Lords of summer.
Halo on fire was not bad too.
Special mention though to dream no more, now that we're dead and murder one which are fucking horse shit. The rest is just average filler...

Oh, almost forgot about the Remember Tomorrow cover that was alright.