The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

26 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I've only had one proper listen to the Testament album, so as it stands, 'solid' will remain my opinion for now.

Hardwired is a short, punch in the face of thrash and just what I like to hear.

well, moth into flame is just bit longer and bit melodic punch in the face of trash, don't you think?

Thought "Altas, Rise!" was trying to be better than it actually was...if that makes sense...probably only in my head :lol:

I kinda hate how people go nuts for the most mediocre song just because it's got Metallica's name on it.

I wish they'd balance out the drums and bass a bit better. This goes back to their fourth album right enough. 

Anyone else think Atlas was a bit Maideny?*

*not necessarily a bad thing. I've got my ticket for May :)

I kinda hate how people go nuts for the most mediocre song just because it's got Metallica's name on it.

I disappear has their name on it and should have been the red flag that st anger was going to be cack

5 hours ago, ShinobiDandy said:

Architects at the ABC last night was just wow

It was a great show.  I was quite pleased that their latest two albums dominated the setlist.  

I'm absolutely shattered today though.  Since its near the end of the year and my holiday allowance is getting very low I got the 5:55am train home to Aberdeen this morning so I could be in work for 9am.  I probably got about 4 hours sleep if I'm lucky!

18 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

It was a great show.  I was quite pleased that their latest two albums dominated the setlist.  

I'm absolutely shattered today though.  Since its near the end of the year and my holiday allowance is getting very low I got the 5:55am train home to Aberdeen this morning so I could be in work for 9am.  I probably got about 4 hours sleep if I'm lucky!

Yeah i was chuffed with that as well. Couldn't resist going over the barrier for Downfall, love that song. I drove home getting in at around 2 am for a 7 am start. Not being able to sleep until nearer 3 due to reliving the gig in my head, safe to say i was less use than a chocolate fire guard all day

6 hours ago, StandFree03 said:

In flames have somehow managed to release another album as boring and as insipid as the last one. 

What a waste.

Not as bad as the last one, Sirens Charm which to me is genuinely unbearably bad to listen to in a St. Anger kind of way.  I listened to Battles yesterday and there was only once where my ears genuinely picked up cause I heard something interesting that caught my attention.  Other then that it just sort of washed over me.  I keep hoping they'll release something that is as good as Come Clarity but by this point I live in dwindling hope rather then expectation.

The new Metallica songs aren't bad but something's definitely missing, like they're trying too hard to recreate older songs and hetfields voice has got really annoying with him dragging out almost every word.

Think I'll stick with kill em all and ride the ....

Why? It was well before St Anger and sounds nothing like St Anger. It was pretty crack though tbf...

It may have been well before but it should have been a sign of the pish to come.