The Metalhead thread

Zizou-5

Heck will steal the show from Black Peaks - you heard it here first. Instructions is a superb album.

Having seen both bands, Heck will be much more energetic and mental but Black Peaks will put on the far superior sounding performance.

The Dillinger Escape Plan are splitting up next year [emoji20]

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/08/the-dillinger-escape-plan-are-breaking-up/

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. God fucking dammit. I'm not a massive metal fan but they're one of the bands that always interest me, also one of the best live bands I've ever see.

On 05/08/2016 at 20:52, mrcat1990 said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. God fucking dammit. I'm not a massive metal fan but they're one of the bands that always interest me, also one of the best live bands I've ever see.

They have a special place for me as they were the first proper live band I saw back when I was 16 and saw System of a Down at The Barrowlands.  I've managed to catch them a couple of times since then including a headlining show in Aberdeen.  I've heard the phrase "extended hiatus" used so maybe it isn't the final end for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of feels like the new single picks up from the end of My Apocalypse - and roars x100.

This is a sparkling return to form that few of us would have seen coming. Short, sharp and brutal. I had little idea that was on the menu and I'm now looking forward to the album immensely.

Certainly sounded better (soundwise) than the last two catastrophes. Three if you count Lulu. Was decent enough, but very very "stock" though. If it did not have their name on it, and it was on a Terrorizer CD for example, you'd nod along but think no more of it.

Song itself is good, good guitar riffs but the vocals just seem ST Angery to me. Prefer it when hetfield sings now rather than shouts.  

That song didn't really do anything for me, pretty poor... especially being the title track?

Good riffery, but the lyrics/vox/solo let it down tenfold.

Think the above two posts have nailed it. It's not offensive to the ears and imagine good fun live but nothing I'd be willing to buy. Lyrics are bit cringe also.

Will see what the album brings. Quite a few enjoyable moments on Death Magnetic so would be happy enough with that again.

As with recent metallica songs they need to turn down lars a wee bit. Seems to be he wants to be front and centre more.
Lyrically falls in with st anger / death magnetic.
Sounds like a song that just missed the last album tbh.
Not bad. Not great

That's what I thought when I first heard it. Probably is a left over rif from the DM era.

The intro riff sounded familiar to begin with like something older but redone.
And i must stress turning down lars..
Least its not st anger drums...

There's a few folk been critical of the new track but you just know it's gonna sound brilliant live.

Yeah. Can imagine the crowd getting excited for the swearing part. Still slight improvement from frantic tick tick im ticked off.. or whatever that line was...

I don't think the swearing part will be that big a deal. It's pretty commonplace in metal, though Metallica rarely ever swear in their lyrics.
I think live it'll be the pace of the song that'll get the crowd going, bash lumps out each other.

Thats what i was getting at. Metallica rarely swear in original songs. Crowd will be looking for that wee bit of different (think manics and roses in the hospital for the effect)
Its got a good pace ill give it that. See how rest of album turns out i suppose

I'm sure I heard that it's going to be a double record and that this is the shortest song on it. It's solid enough but as was mentioned above, it kinda sounds like something that was left from the DM era that they just sharpened a wee bit. Comes across not too bad live.