Biggest junior support

the bankie

Also to add.. The biggest away supports i've seen at Meadow Park in recent seasons have been Pollok, Talbot, Ladeside, The Buffs (They've all but deserted them though) and I suppose Largs but that was a Scottish Cup game.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly you usually find the people who are the quietest are the most nervous , and care the most about there club they will also be watching the game most and taking in the game more rather than seeing who can drink a bottle of buckie the quickest, the quiet fans are usually more passionate about there club they just dont feel need to sing about it to prove it .

i am a passionate fan mate , i go to every single game home and away , never miss ANY and i dont drink either , i stand wae ma pals and we watch the game , have a wee singsong now and again

were not neds who dont have a clue

were passionate fans , as i said clydebank fc is a way of life for us :) and always will be

C.T.I.D

No doubt for the big games , cup finals etc Talbot have by far the biggest support in Scottish juniors and probably on average their gates will be on a par with anyone . Not the most vociferous especially at home but unbeatable in one liners !!.

Stuboy , I think you wish you had average 350 at home games , reckon its no more than a couple of hundred. The irvine people should be ashamed as they have a team who could win the Scottish cup and league this year but home support is a disgrace . Come on Irvine get out of the pubs and support your local team .

spot on robroy guy! the bankie. your getting me confused with stephen lawn, a fellow beith. HE is the one who supports arthurlie. One more thing, well done linlithgow fans! your a credit do your team. came to beith, watched, got behind the team and were gracious in defeat. Not one fan looking for trouble. wish i could say the same about beith!

i am a passionate fan mate , i go to every single game home and away , never miss ANY and i dont drink either , i stand wae ma pals and we watch the game , have a wee singsong now and again

were not neds who dont have a clue

were passionate fans , as i said clydebank fc is a way of life for us :) and always will be

C.T.I.D

fair enough wee man , respect to you , as its too easy for younger fans now to follow one of the bigger senior teams or watch it from the house or playing it non stop on there ps3

No doubt for the big games , cup finals etc Talbot have by far the biggest support in Scottish juniors and probably on average their gates will be on a par with anyone . Not the most vociferous especially at home but unbeatable in one liners !!.

Stuboy , I think you wish you had average 350 at home games , reckon its no more than a couple of hundred. The irvine people should be ashamed as they have a team who could win the Scottish cup and league this year but home support is a disgrace . Come on Irvine get out of the pubs and support your local team .

I guess you've been to all our home games this season?

Also, there's 2 teams in Irvine ya numnut unsure.gif

And it doesnt help when half the town hates ye.

i saw 4 haddington ' fans ' :P

That'd be about right. Although the shirt and tie brigade would have been the committee ;)

and if i remember correctly we wer singing that game too :):P

I'd guess more people were shiteing themselves than singing :D

I note that our disallowed 'goal' didn't make the video. CONSPIRACY, I TELLS YA

spot on robroy guy! the bankie. your getting me confused with stephen lawn, a fellow beith. HE is the one who supports arthurlie. One more thing, well done linlithgow fans! your a credit do your team. came to beith, watched, got behind the team and were gracious in defeat. Not one fan looking for trouble. wish i could say the same about beith!

Loved the big guy behind the goals who was shouting tactics throught the game (Looked like some sort of Rose official). Also stayed behind to congratulate Beith off the park. A class act.

fair enough wee man , respect to you , as its too easy for younger fans now to follow one of the bigger senior teams or watch it from the house or playing it non stop on there ps3

thts exactly what i hate mate

i dont support any of the old firm , i hate them with a passion

respect to you aswell mate

local teams till we die :D

Also doesnt help when half the town hates ye.

Why is that ?? Irvine vics will carry a support of about 30 on a good day so why are more people not supporting Medda ?. By the way I have been to most of your home games for the past 2 seasons and your support is crap !! Is it the management / committee that is not liked ? or perhaps the way the club is run ??????

I think you will win Scottish cup and league and will be interested to see how many turn up for the final or league winning game ?

And it doesnt help when half the town hates ye.

why does half the town hate irvine meadow , i would of thought people would give there right arm for a club like medda on there door step

That'd be about right. Although the shirt and tie brigade would have been the committee wink.gif

I'd guess more people were shiteing themselves than singing biggrin.gif

I note that our disallowed 'goal' didn't make the video. CONSPIRACY, I TELLS YA

fair play mate , you are a good team and am actually suprised u never took it to a replay

but never the less we still won

nana na na na :P

Loved the big guy behind the goals who was shouting tactics throught the game (Looked like some sort of Rose official). Also stayed behind to congratulate Beith off the park. A class act.

thats big john AKA coach.he isnt on the committee but does help run the supporters club with others and does a hell of a lot of fundraising for injured players etc.if anybody in the east can name a more boisterous fan of any team ive yet to meet him or her laugh.gif

So you go to most of our games? Who do you support?

As you know, Irvine is a new town so most of the new inhabitants still have afilliantions with the Gruesome Twosome so would rather sit in the pub watching their team struggle to hump the mighty Hamilton Accies rather than spend a fiver to watch a more compedative style of football.

A lot of folk also don't like us because they think we have affections for either side of the old firm. Rangers, because of our colours or Celtic because of our management team.

In no way is our support 'crap'. Last season, we had over 1000 for our game v Arbroath. 800 against Largs. 600 against Pollok and took over 2000 to Easter Road. As I said, our support is incredibly fickle and annoys me more than anything.

We also have to face the reality that hardly anyone wants to follow 'junior' football. I've been to a lot of games as a neutral including Arthurlie, Talbot and Beith and their home supports are not much better.

look mate , i dno why u sed u can hardly count 20 fans wen its a fact we have one ae the largest and loudest supports

league game we get the same as ever other premier league team....we have by far the biggest in the first div

a team like east kilbride are very lucky if they get 20 at home

we get 350 - 400 same as meadow and talbot etc. and we have one ae the largest away supports aswell.

so stop putting our support down wen u know yer lyin :P

and yes to be fair beith do have the noisest v kilbirnie an such.

talking about young fans, ive just turned 17. this is my 4th year supporting beith. i will agree with u there the bankie, i can't stand the old firm. surely a rangers or celtic fan doesn't get the same excitement or passion win they win as a junior fan does? thats why i love junior football, you dont get that passion anywhere else

talking about young fans, ive just turned 17. this is my 4th year supporting beith. i will agree with u there the bankie, i can't stand the old firm. surely a rangers or celtic fan doesn't get the same excitement or passion win they win as a junior fan does? thats why i love junior football, you dont get that passion anywhere else

A lot of folk only really 'support' the Old Firm for bragging rights. It's quite pathetic.

i have been going to Rob Roy since i was 8 in 1988 , other than 4 years when i was a season ticket holder at Celtic Park , i have went to the roy , i went to celtic park thinking i would enjoy it more , took me four seasons to realise my heart was in the juniors where it has been ever since and will probably be forever.

Junior Football is the only football - FACT.

Archived