Biggest junior support

the bankie

Main reason most Clydebank fans (I don't really include myself in that - I'm included in the young generation, the Junior generation - I mean the guys who were there in the senior times too) want back in the SFL is because they feel they were robbed of their place in it in the first place. It's not about being so arrogant that they think they're above Junior football but it's more about the fact they feel their place was stolen from them in the football leagues.

I'm loving the Juniors and am eager to enjoy it as long as I can - maybe I'd think differently had I been able to experience some of the incredible senior moments the supporters were able to enjoy watching Clydebank FC. Do not confuse and mistake these people's desires for disrespecting the Junior game. I can't think of a single Clydebank fan who is upset with where we are right now considering we could just as easily have no team at all if it wasn't for the hard work and efforts of a a group of real fans.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thing is ...say the sfl want junior teams in the sfl , would there not be a good few junior clubs in front of bankies in the que or would it not be invitation but by finishing top of super premier , something the bankies are a million miles away from in my opinion , by what route would you like to see the bankies take to get into senior football ? and if it all went pear shape , would you resurface again and ask the juniors to take you back?

my own feelings about the bankies is a love hate thing , i love certain things about the bankies n hate certain things , the hate bit usually comes out more tongue.gif

there are some bankies fans who really wind me up , but guys like king and bankiebill restore my faith as i know there good guys

Main reason most Clydebank fans (I don't really include myself in that - I'm included in the young generation, the Junior generation - I mean the guys who were there in the senior times too) want back in the SFL is because they feel they were robbed of their place in it in the first place. It's not about being so arrogant that they think they're above Junior football but it's more about the fact they feel their place was stolen from them in the football leagues.

I'm loving the Juniors and am eager to enjoy it as long as I can - maybe I'd think differently had I been able to experience some of the incredible senior moments the supporters were able to enjoy watching Clydebank FC. Do not confuse and mistake these people's desires for disrespecting the Junior game. I can't think of a single Clydebank fan who is upset with where we are right now considering we could just as easily have no team at all if it wasn't for the hard work and efforts of a a group of real fans.

yous can have all the hard working people under the sun and the best fans in the world , but the fact is junior football accepted clydebank into there family , clydebank in my opinion should repay them in loyalty in my opinion

This is all speculation, i have gave my opinion, and thats what robroyguy wanted, an honest answer, it does not matter what clydebank fc want, we are a junior team at present, and hopefully before a shake hands, with the man doon in the big hoose and a warm fire am told, we might be back in the seniors.:D

This is all speculation, i have gave my opinion, and thats what robroyguy wanted, an honest answer, it does not matter what clydebank fc want, we are a junior team at present, and hopefully before a shake hands, with the man doon in the big hoose and a warm fire am told, we might be back in the seniors.:D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

I don't understand how you expect Clydebank to repay Junior football - it's not as if the club are treating this like a stepping stone. I personally would enjoy us staying Junior and only going senior if a pyramid was set up - in other words, to ensure we are good enough to play at the highest level possible.

But the diddy SFL clubs are terrified the bigger Junior sides would replace them...no wonder there's been Dunfermline fans on here lately (just a joke!)

The juniors is fine for me.Im only 19 i remember been taken by my dad to hampden to watch us play queens park when we are in our last seasons as a senior team.Scottish football is dying on its arse,and it has been for a long time.take a look at the scotland team we put out tonight.9 6 0 shameful.At least in the juniors the money is fair. a fiver for 90 minutes action you can stand where you want without some jobsworth steward telling you to sit down and generally you feel closer to the team.Bankies fans that want us to get back into the senior leagues have to realise we are a million miles away from it.

The juniors is fine for me.Im only 19 i remember been taken by my dad to hampden to watch us play queens park when we are in our last seasons as a senior team.Scottish football is dying on its arse,and it has been for a long time.take a look at the scotland team we put out tonight.9 6 0 shameful.At least in the juniors the money is fair. a fiver for 90 minutes action you can stand where you want without some jobsworth steward telling you to sit down and generally you feel closer to the team.Bankies fans that want us to get back into the senior leagues have to realise we are a million miles away from it.

Spot on FTY. I've been watching the Bankies for 30 odd years, and, even though we had some incredible times in the seniors, I would have to say I'm enjoying my football more back in the junior set up. I think the main reason behind this is that we did this all on our own. We started with nothing---nada- zero-zilch, and ,in a very short time have turned into a very well run and reasonably successfull football club. It's all down to the amazing effort of a handfull of people who work their backsides off to make sure our town has not only a football team, but one that we can all be proud of. Some people might hanker after a return to the seniors--not me, unless it is through a proper pyramid system which seems a million miles away. In the meantime, we will just get on with the job in hand, i.e. being as good a JUNIOR team as we can be, and, believe me, with the will and determination we've shown so far, we'll get there.

Fantastic reply

fair enough punk , honestly is all we want , now can you understand why proper junior fans ( as i dont class you as a proper junior fan now , and thats not meant as a dig ma man )

Can i ask robroyguy what is the criteria for being a proper junior fan?

Got to rush off to the boozer then off to the game, to see us top the league.

a proper junior fan is someone who has a love of the junior game , someone who is not particularly interested in senior football , a proper junior football fan is happy to pay his £5 ( which helps keeps his club going ) , a proper junior fan enjoys a a proper game of football ( albeit not always the best quality) , a proper junior fan has no interest in joining the senior ranks and never would have , a proper junior fan follows his team , gets behind his team and doesnt cause any bother, a proper junior fan treats the juniors with the respect it deserves ,

for me a junior fan wanting to be in the seniors is a complete contradiction , you commit to one or the other

all in my opinion of course

The junior/senior devide is total nonsense and the quicker it is scrapped, the better Scottish football will be for it.

in your opinion , my opinion is the exact opposite , if junior teams wanna go into the seniors then let them go , and if the grass is not greener on the other side , should the juniors take them back with open arms ?

nothing progessive about joining a over inflated senior set up which is dying a slow and painful death

a proper junior fan is someone who has a love of the junior game , someone who is not particularly interested in senior football , a proper junior football fan is happy to pay his £5 ( which helps keeps his club going ) , a proper junior fan enjoys a a proper game of football ( albeit not always the best quality) , a proper junior fan has no interest in joining the senior ranks and never would have , a proper junior fan follows his team , gets behind his team and doesnt cause any bother, a proper junior fan treats the juniors with the respect it deserves ,

for me a junior fan wanting to be in the seniors is a complete contradiction , you commit to one or the other

I am very happy to be where we are , but this is a lot of POMPOUS PISH!

in your opinion , my opinion is the exact opposite , if junior teams wanna go into the seniors then let them go , and if the grass is not greener on the other side , should the juniors take them back with open arms ?

nothing progessive about joining a over inflated senior set up which is dying a slow and painful death

Without wanting to turn this into another pyramid thread, I didn't say juniors should be entering the seniors. I said there should be NO devide so a club can reach their potential.

junior football is real football :D i love it , i think senior football is just crap , its all you ever hear about .

Clydebank till i die - best junior team in scotland by far ;) to me anyway....

Archived