Biggest junior support

the bankie

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly ... if ure in ure 20's then have a look at yourself . WTF are u spending so much time on here ?? Away and sow your oats ffs !!

Married with a 2 year old, im afraid those days are behind me :(

She would probably have issues with me sowing my oats biggrin.gif

am no hiding under any rock , there was some posts made under my twitter account by someone close to me which at the end of the day aint the most serious thing anyone will say though i accept they were out of order , i accept responsiblity for the comments made as at end of day it is my account and i should be only one who has access to it soley which is now the case , i aint gonna publically advertise my twitter account then bombard it with bigoted comments am i when i know fine well it will be read by loads of junior guys ffs.

as i have always said i do the rob roy twitter , i come on here , and go to every rob roy game because i love the club and the juniors ... a few people are trying to make a big deal over something that in the grand scheme of thing is not crime of the century , the fact the guy scrolled through 220 of my tweets to find one that he could pick up on tells you a lot , i also never even noticed the offensive tweet till it was pointed out ( it was made months ago ) otherwise i would of deleted it incase it caused offence , i am a celtic fan from the comfort of my tv nowadays thats all of course i am going to have certain views on things ,

i have been a junior fan for so many years now to get away from some of cretins that appear on here and make all sorts of threats against me ( not in a public way i may add ) ... my dad .. my mates and even kirky who i get on with fine are all gers fans , so lets please drop all that crap.

the people who have been making a big deal over the word used in a twitter i have ignored and blocked so i can get on with talking about my junior football which i love !

ps i think kirky has taken over as number one bankies basher tongue.gif

Worst thread ever in the history of P&B. And there's been stiff competition in the past.

It would be helpful if wee Bankie would acknowledge that his team are nowhere - and I mean nowhere - near the biggest club in the Juniors ... in any sense of the word. At that point he could reduce his contribution to the thread - to zero.

And the stuff about him being an enthusiast but that KRR should not be entitled to goad or wind him up ...

Fact of life, if you keep trumpeting the same pish all over the place, someone with enough desire will make it a mission to not let you away with it. KRR is on a bit of a mission!

But after 23 pages it's all been said.

I dont know how much more clear i can make this.

Say a fan of pollok or something comes out and says we are going to walk the league with our 400 plus fans.You wouldn't think that all pollok fans share the same view.

By the way i very much doubt rob roy guy is a bigot of any shape or form.The posts he makes on here you can tell he loves rob roy and junior football.He will probably come back later with a 5 paragraph apology.

thanks for your words FTY , the 5 paragraphy explanation / apology has been made lets move on thanks

i will keep posting , i love my home club and none of ye can change that , slag me and taunt me aw ye want it wont change a thing and if ye dont like it then press the ignore button

Clydebank till i die wink.gif

You keep saying that folk can slag you and taunt you all they want and then you go off on one when they do!!! Do you think that before you arrived on here nobody else loved their club. You may be a young lad and the future of your club but get a wee bit of perspective about you please. There are folk of all ages on here - some have loved their club for generations.

You'll know by now that if you keep piling in, folk will keep piling back. It's their choice whether they ignore or respond. So don't keep telling folk to hit the ignore button.

By the way, I never slagged or taunted you. I just stated a hard fact and no amount of loving on your part will change it. Only embedding yourselves, climbing the ladder and winning stuff will change where you are in the game. Credit to those supporters who brought you back from the dead though. Even then, I admire the dedication of Rory Fice, Burnie Fan, Old Northerner and others who back their team through long lean periods with little or no cash available to them. I happen to have grown up in a town where the junior team has been successful over a long period. I can't say whether I could have shown the dedication that some of them have for little in the way of tangible reward on the pitch.

'Rory Fice, Burnie Fan, Old Northerner and others ' well said htg ! guys like this are the life blood of the junior game in particular rory fice who with all due respect follows a side who have had very very hard times yet always comes on here makes good points , produces excellent match reports and pictures and does his club proud with his enthusiasm, if there was a fan of the year award rory fice from ardeer thistle would get it for me , repspect to all these guys . and if ' the bankie ' grows up to be half a good as fan as these guys he will have done well !

ps rory fice if your reading this can you pm me i want to ask you something away from forum thanks

Even then, I admire the dedication of Rory Fice, Burnie Fan, Old Northerner and others who back their team through long lean periods with little or no cash available to them.

I think it would be a bit disingenuous of me to let this pass without comment. I've not been involved with Haddington Athletic for that long. My first game was Sep 05 (feck me, that's still five years mind :o ) but, despite being asked onto the commitee in Mar 06, I still spent a season and a half juggling my attendances around a season ticket at Falkirk. It was only in 2007/08 that I committed myself fully to the Hi Hi - we weren't a bad team that season :lol:

A we bit of nostalgia

changed times now, but the potential is still there.

Nah, it's really not.

hmmm....so me loving my club and showing enthusiasm and havin a wee but of a laugh is nonsence aye?

mate you dont even have a laugh , every single post you make is slagin clydebank one way or another.

heres a deal...i keep posting my ususal and if you dont like it then press the ignore button...deal?

Far fook sake. Are we trying to encourage our young fans to support their local junior teams or are we just want to lambast them. If the wee barra wants to in your words talk 'Gash' on here then thats fine. Its called being fanatical about your club. Get you own youngsters on here with a bit of enthusiasm. Its what the forum needs. Too many old farts on here onyway. The important thing is that he is following his home team and not the two big glesga clubs. Keep the posts up 'bankie' boy. Be proud of your team.

Thing is there is plenty of poster who are 15 and under who support there teams on her, who make it evident that there team is the one they love and that they support them passionately, but they do it in a way that is typed in proper english.

If your old enough to come on here and post your old enough to take the pish that comes your way.

Thing is there is plenty of poster who are 15 and under who support there teams on her, who make it evident that there team is the one they love and that they support them passionately, but they do it in a way that is typed in proper english.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Erm Grant228 you do know your own post was pretty pish poor with regards 'proper' English as well?

Quite a few folks on this particular thread should consider a trip to the GP and request a valium or have a good ole tam shank as there is alot of tension.

Bwahahahahaha

Do bankies get a "quote for the day" sent out to them?

Because when one of them says something, you invariably hear it again 20 times,

You are allowed to think for yourself, give it a go

No-one is tense/frustrated/stressed

What a lot of folk are is tired of the same old lame points getting regurgitated over and over and constant paranoia and hysteria anytime anyone says something the bankies dont agree with

As HTG says, the point has been made, hopefully some will learn that this boasting and exaggeration without anything to base it on will be seen by a lot of people, and ultimately make you look foolish when it proves to be just that

biggrin.gif

Oh and Rob Roy till I die (apparently this shows enthusiasm blink.gif )

I work 10 hours and come home to this peesh? Gies' a feckin' break!

Can I request a lock on this topic - it's turning into a repetitive circle of ridiculous childish insults, some posted by children to be fair so you expect the childeshness from them at least. But we've already established that some teams are well supported, and some aren't, at different levels in the Juniors - there's sides in big leagues that attract surprisingly small crowds and then there's sides in smaller leagues who'll do well to attract bigger than an average side in their league will get. It comes down to various factors - how involved the Junior club is in their community, how entertaining the matches are, how well the team is doing etc.

If this topic won't be closed, let me try saving it by asking supporters of their clubs this question:

Do you feel your club is doing enough to gain more supporters to matches? If not, what would you like to see done to see attendances boosted, which will help your club earn more revenue?

Someone made a point before too attendances weren't talked about much before the Bankies came here but let's face it, more people paying to see your team means more money for your club so of course it matters!

I think it would be a bit disingenuous of me to let this pass without comment. I've not been involved with Haddington Athletic for that long. My first game was Sep 05 (feck me, that's still five years mind :o ) but, despite being asked onto the commitee in Mar 06, I still spent a season and a half juggling my attendances around a season ticket at Falkirk. It was only in 2007/08 that I committed myself fully to the Hi Hi - we weren't a bad team that season :lol:

Aye but you look like you're in for the long haul. And let's face it, you've made the right choice from those available.

As much as we haven't been dominant in the division, I don't see why our current position has us 'struggling for promotion'. Saturday was a big setback but I'm pretty sure you drew at Showpark a few weeks back so I thought you would appreciate how difficult it is to play there.

In any case, just like our poor start to the season, it only takes 3 or so wins in a row and you rocket up the league. We are defensively solid and have points on the board which is the most important thing. A much better place to be in rather than catch up with games in hand. I think we are doing fine so far but will need to keep up the pace by winning on sat.

Got to agree with that show park is a hard place to go. Did the bankies fans enjoy the view from the wee enclosure my da could not see the pitch from it even with his specs on

Got to agree with that show park is a hard place to go. Did the bankies fans enjoy the view from the wee enclosure my da could not see the pitch from it even with his specs on

Yeh its not great, its the pitch that annoys me more as it takes away the technical side of the game and it turns into a physical battle as no one wants to get the ball down. If Rob Roy, a premier side struggle to get out with a draw then its probably not that much of a surprise we lost.

Archived