E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Just to add I can log into the router with the default username & password but don't know what if anything I should change.

Go to the bottom and look for Connection status, it should bring up a pop up window with a table with Status, time etc. At the bottom there is a connect/disconnect button if you click that it should start showing "LCP is down" LCP is allowed to come UP" or similar messages, this is the modem connecting to the web. If it doesn't say stuff like that the modem is probably gubbed. Look forward to a frustrating call to Sky to get a new modem.

When I want to download an app from Android market I have to sign in with my google mail account. I do this but it says "cant establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned to data services. If this continues, call customer care." I've got an internet connection and can use the internet normally though. Any ideas?

When I want to download an app from Android market I have to sign in with my google mail account. I do this but it says "cant establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned to data services. If this continues, call customer care." I've got an internet connection and can use the internet normally though. Any ideas?

From a quick google search

First go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications, and tap the Google Apps entry. Then tap 'Clear data', and tap 'OK' to confirm. This will delete your Google account details. To enter your account details go to Settings > Data synchronization > Google and you'll be prompted with the set up dialogue. Enter your account details and you're done.

Go to the bottom and look for Connection status, it should bring up a pop up window with a table with Status, time etc. At the bottom there is a connect/disconnect button if you click that it should start showing "LCP is down" LCP is allowed to come UP" or similar messages, this is the modem connecting to the web. If it doesn't say stuff like that the modem is probably gubbed. Look forward to a frustrating call to Sky to get a new modem.

Cheers, it miraculously fixed itself on Thursday morning without me touching it, dunno whether there's a problem with the exchange or something.

My iPod touch seems to have died, so I'm looking to get a new iPod. I originally considered getting a new touch, but I feel it would be a bit of a wasted purchase considering my iPad basically covers all of the functionality that the touch has. Only problem is, I can't exactly just stick the iPad in my back pocket when walking about town or whatever. Was having a look at the iPod nano. Anybody got one? Is it a bit awkward to use with the small screen?

I'll put this here and the QQT on Gen. Nonsense.

I'm thinking of upgrading my Spotify to a Premium account but the main issue I have is about the connectivity with iPods. I have an iPod Nano so there's no chance of me being able to get a Spotify App and I was wondering whether it was possible to sync all your offline playlists to an iPod or do you have to individually purchase every track that you want? Hope this is clear enough and would appreciate any help.

I'll put this here and the QQT on Gen. Nonsense.

I'm thinking of upgrading my Spotify to a Premium account but the main issue I have is about the connectivity with iPods. I have an iPod Nano so there's no chance of me being able to get a Spotify App and I was wondering whether it was possible to sync all your offline playlists to an iPod or do you have to individually purchase every track that you want? Hope this is clear enough and would appreciate any help.

If you can't get Spotify on your iPod, you'll not be able to get Spotify tracks on there either.

My son has downloaded a game containing a virus which locks him out of his netbook with a screen that pops up claiming to be the met police e crime unit wanting a £100 fine to unlock the computer. It's called ransom ware and I've tried a couple of things I found on Google which was putting a virus killer on a stick and booting into safe mode then running the software, however the software either just prints out a log or asks me to buy the full version for it to delete the infected files.

So can anyone recommend some reliable free software that will seek out the virus and kill it for me, thank you.

Dropped my HTC Desire like a complete div and cracked the screen, sent it away to HTC to get it fixed, but they wnt to charge me £100 for a new screen (jog on).

Am I best looking for somewhere to get a new screen or am I better off just buying a new phone?

How did you fix it?

It was an ie window that opened so alt+F4 closed the window and a dodgy file in the start folder was deleted. Then scanned the shit out of it with my existing anti virus and spy-bot. It was malware as opposed to being an actual virus.

I'd like to take credit but my brother in law who builds websites for a living unexpectedly dropped by.

Dropped my HTC Desire like a complete div and cracked the screen, sent it away to HTC to get it fixed, but they wnt to charge me £100 for a new screen (jog on).

Am I best looking for somewhere to get a new screen or am I better off just buying a new phone?

There's a shop in the west end that fix iphones & HTCs. They're called irepair and I think they have a website. It's worth a shot mate.

Seems to still be about £65 notes though

http://www.irepairglasgow.com/htc-desire-repairs.php

Edited by Mik

• 3 weeks later...

My computer was goosed in November and have just got round to getting it fixed.

I think I've done pretty well, the operating system was fucked so had to install Windows 7 (had Vista), a new graphics card (£35), audio card (£15) and 2 gig of RAM for £25 :unsure: isn't that a tad cheap for the RAM?

My computer was goosed in November and have just got round to getting it fixed.

I think I've done pretty well, the operating system was fucked so had to install Windows 7 (had Vista), a new graphics card (£35), audio card (£15) and 2 gig of RAM for £25 :unsure: isn't that a tad cheap for the RAM?

Not really. Guessing its DDR2, which would be about right. If its DD3 then its actually double what you should be paying!

It's DDR2 aye.

Got a slight problem with the sound, makes a wee crackle when playing any sound. I think it's a compatibility issue with running Windows 7 with the machine I have which is slightly old, so will try and install XP (Vista is hopeless) and see if that works. Not convinced it'll let me install an earlier version though.