E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

• 4 weeks later...

I was having troubles connecting my xbox to the internet so decided to do the old turn the router on and off fix. Right enough the internet is working fine again but my network appears to have reset itself and no longer has a password to log onto it.

How do I go about putting a password back onto it? If it makes a difference, I have a Netgear router.

Cheers.

I was having troubles connecting my xbox to the internet so decided to do the old turn the router on and off fix. Right enough the internet is working fine again but my network appears to have reset itself and no longer has a password to log onto it.

How do I go about putting a password back onto it? If it makes a difference, I have a Netgear router.

Cheers.

type 192.168.1.1 into your browser to access the routers settings, password is usually ''admin'' ''admin''.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I've got a Samsung telly. I have Virgin media and a DVD player running through it, nothing major. So when i switch it on, it goes straight to the virgin channel. For some reason, tonight when i switch it on, it gives a second of the virgin, then flicks to " no channels found, please run auto tune". It won't however let me run auto tune. As the remote isn't really working apart from switching the telly on and off. Normally, if i pressed a button to take me off the channel, i could switch off and back on. That however isn't working. And the red light, is flickering like mad. I can't tune any of the freeview channels and i can't get it to sit on the sky channel.

Has anyone seen or experienced anything like this before?

Hello,

I've got a Samsung telly. I have Virgin media and a DVD player running through it, nothing major. So when i switch it on, it goes straight to the virgin channel. For some reason, tonight when i switch it on, it gives a second of the virgin, then flicks to " no channels found, please run auto tune". It won't however let me run auto tune. As the remote isn't really working apart from switching the telly on and off. Normally, if i pressed a button to take me off the channel, i could switch off and back on. That however isn't working. And the red light, is flickering like mad. I can't tune any of the freeview channels and i can't get it to sit on the sky channel.

Presumably they are all scarted so autotune aint gonna do sheet. Check they are firmly in the sockets. Tho the flickering light is more of a worry. Possibly a capacitor fried on the board. Full model of tv please.

Edited by wunfellaff

I'm planning on buying an external hardrive that will plug into my TV and play movies in HD. Does anyone have any reccomendations? I'm looking at spending around the £100 mark, not too fussed about how much it can store. Cheers.

Make sure what you go for is compatible with your TV, would be my only advice. If they dont publish a compatibility list (which they probably will) have a search on t'interweb for forums etc. You'll almost certainly find something

Presumably they are all scarted so autotune aint gonna do sheet. Check they are firmly in the sockets. Tho the flickering light is more of a worry. Possibly a capacitor fried on the board. Full model of tv please.

It's LE32C450E1W. As i said before a samsung. Yeah the autotune is of no use, because i just uss Virgin anyway. I googled it, and it seems pretty goosed.

Edited by calum_gers

Hello,

Sorry I am not very technical but is this flickering light on the remote control? If it is, is there any chance that a liquid has been spilt on it causing a short ? sorry if this is no help but i hope you get things sorted out

Make sure what you go for is compatible with your TV, would be my only advice. If they dont publish a compatibility list (which they probably will) have a search on t'interweb for forums etc. You'll almost certainly find something

Cheers. There's a few on Amazon I'm having a look at just now.

Hello,

It does sound like a remote problem if the light is constantly flashing, does it stop if you take the batteries out? On the other hand try going into the menu and switching on the auto-scart option, then it should go straight to virgin if it's in scart 1.

It does sound like a remote problem if the light is constantly flashing, does it stop if you take the batteries out? On the other hand try going into the menu and switching on the auto-scart option, then it should go straight to virgin if it's in scart 1.

It's not the remote light that's flashing. It's the light on the front of the telly. I can't go into the menu. I've just taken the telly into a repair place to see what they can do. First thing they did was check the remote and it was fine. Just a bit of a pisser as it's the only set i have. I've begged a portable off a mate until i see whether i need to buy a new one!

Thanks anyway folks.

I realise there is probably a very simple answer to this but I'm trying to install a game from steam to my laptop which has two hard disk drives and I've filled up one of them. How do I set it so that my games install to the other drive with nothing on it as when I try to install it it's saying there isn't enough space :unsure:

I realise there is probably a very simple answer to this but I'm trying to install a game from steam to my laptop which has two hard disk drives and I've filled up one of them. How do I set it so that my games install to the other drive with nothing on it as when I try to install it it's saying there isn't enough space :unsure:

There might be something in the steam settings to let you install to a different drive, but I don't think so. Google it and see. Having a full hard drive is never good anyway. Try and clear up some space on it, and don't forget to defrag it afterwards.

Does anyone have any experience with submitting podcasts to iTunes. I think I've set up an RSS feed on my website, if that's any help? Thanks.

There is a section on iTunes for doing it, but it isn't something I've ever done myself.

Looks like if you go to the podcast section on iTunes and then into 'Submit a Podcast' on the quick links box there you can put the RSS link in and presumably just go from there.

There is a section on iTunes for doing it, but it isn't something I've ever done myself.

Looks like if you go to the podcast section on iTunes and then into 'Submit a Podcast' on the quick links box there you can put the RSS link in and presumably just go from there.

Going to have a look. Cheers.

[quote name='Merkin' timestamp='1325457321' post=

It was really easy! Basically Garageband and iWeb do it all for you.

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/podcast/id492561599

However the production values are minimal. So one more Does anyone have any experience with creating jingles or drops on Garagband?

I'm moving ISP's later this month (Orange to Sky, for money saving purposes), and the speeds that Sky have said I should get are way better than what I've been getting with Orange.

I notice from SamKnows, that my Sky is one of the LLU services at my local exchange. Should this make a difference to my speeds?