E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

• 2 weeks later...

Moving flat and Sky have said that the earliest an openreach engineer can go to the flat to reactivate the line (there is a line there but no dial tone) is October 1st. Is there any way I can get this done sooner or am I fucked? And anyone got any recommendations for a good portable WiFi box or other entirety solution that I can use for the next few weeks?

Moving flat and Sky have said that the earliest an openreach engineer can go to the flat to reactivate the line (there is a line there but no dial tone) is October 1st. Is there any way I can get this done sooner or am I fucked? And anyone got any recommendations for a good portable WiFi box or other entirety solution that I can use for the next few weeks?
If you have unlimited mobile data you could use your phone as Wi-Fi hotspot.

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

If you have unlimited mobile data you could use your phone as Wi-Fi hotspot.

Unfortunately I don’t.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Bit pricey but it wouldn't be for long.

https://www.wifihire.co.uk/

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Looked good until it’s says you get 6GB of data only for the price. That’s pish, watch a bit of Netflix and it’s gone!

As it's only for a couple of weeks you might be best just taking the hit on data charges on your phone as a hot spot.

• 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Not sure if this is the best place for it but might as well ask - what's the best non Sky way to get decent music channels on my tv?  The ones on freeview are pish!

Is it a smart TV? If so, it will have a bunch of music/radio apps.

If not, depends what else you have. If the answer is nothing, a chromecast is probably as easy and cheap as anything

ETA - presuming you just want to play music not watch the actual music channels

Edited by Mr X

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Is it a smart TV? If so, it will have a bunch of music/radio apps.

If not, depends what else you have. If the answer is nothing, a chromecast is probably as easy and cheap as anything

ETA - presuming you just want to play music not watch the actual music channels

Sorry I should have been clearer.  It would be to actually watch music channels.  

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:
Sorry I should have been clearer.  It would be to actually watch music channels.  

Amazon Firestick and install some appropriate apps.

Got one and have downloaded the apps but was just wondering if there was another way.  Cheers

• 1 month later...
My iPhone won’t charge, been out of battery since last night. When I hold down the lock button it isn’t even coming up with the charge sign. Charging port has been playing up for a while, anyone know if it’s possible to get it replaced?

Bit silly but dust/dirt accumulates quite easily in the charge port of iPhones. Get a small toothpick or something similar and give it a clean.