E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Hi can someone please tell me the lowest graphics card needed to play the new football Manager? Not good with these things and was just wondering. Also any recomendations on where to get them at a decent price will be great :D

It would be easier if you tell us what you've already got and we tell you if it will work or not

i don't know what i have but all i know is that it is very basic as it is what you get with it. Plus i have already tried with it on 2009 and 2010 and it didnt work.

Then it wont work with 2011!

That was kind of my point, there isnt much point telling you the minimum specs if you dont know what you have and chances are if you dont know what you have, and arent capable of going to the website and looking up the minimum specs :rolleyes: , then they arent likely to mean anything to you anyway.

Presumably whatever filter prevents the speaker from bleeding into the microphone is broken. Take it back to the shop.

Is the plug blue or white? Blue is VGA, white is DVI. You can get an adaptor for about two quid anyway.

It was blue - thats it sold

Cheers for the reply

I am currently experiencing a problem with my laptops connection, as well as my ipod, as well as xbox live. I recently got a new router/modem thing, and for a few days my laptop and ipod could connect to the connection fine. Now, however, neither of them work. My laptop comes up with the following advice, "Automatically get new IP settings for the network adapter 'Network Bridge'".

When I experienced this problem in the past, clicking on this would resolve the issue and thus would allow me to use my laptop to connect my xbox to xbox live. However, clicking on this comes up with something saying that it did not fix the problem.

Does anybody know what is wrong/ what I'm doing wrong? If so, a little help would be appreciated. I realise it's probably a simple thing, but I'm stumped.

At my parents house, they've got TalkTalk broadband, and they've had it since before wireless was really widespread so the desktop is just plugged into a standard router, provided by TalkTalk.

If I buy a wireless router and plug it in instead, will I be able to get wireless internet in the house, or will I have to get in touch with TalkTalk to get it changed over?

:unsure:

At my parents house, they've got TalkTalk broadband, and they've had it since before wireless was really widespread so the desktop is just plugged into a standard router, provided by TalkTalk.

If I buy a wireless router and plug it in instead, will I be able to get wireless internet in the house, or will I have to get in touch with TalkTalk to get it changed over?

:unsure:

Quick answer: no (sorry should have elaborated - I meant no, you won't need to contact Talk Talk but you can get WiFi if you just buy a Wireless Router).

There's a far more complex question to be asked though, on how to configure a router....

Edited by jay_7

Quick answer: no

There's a far more complex question to be asked though, on how to configure a router....

Cheers. I'm not too bothered, I'm here for about an hour or two every fortnight, and it'd be nice to be able to use the laptop in the living room, but if it's any more than 30 seconds work I can't be arsed.

Cheers. I'm not too bothered, I'm here for about an hour or two every fortnight, and it'd be nice to be able to use the laptop in the living room, but if it's any more than 30 seconds work I can't be arsed.

If you can find their "welcome pack" then it will be easy to setup.

I have Talktalk and use a Netgear wireless router instead of the one supplied.

If you decide to do it and want any help, just PM me

If you're downloading something from a newsgroup that is comprised of a series of RAR files, is there a way that you can look in the contents of the files before you download, so you know that they're going to contain genuine files rather than fake ones or just more passworded RAR files?

If you're downloading something from a newsgroup that is comprised of a series of RAR files, is there a way that you can look in the contents of the files before you download, so you know that they're going to contain genuine files rather than fake ones or just more passworded RAR files?

Not as far as I'm aware because I take it they'll be done like Cabinet files? (R00, R01, R02 etc...) In which case you'll need to have all the cabinet RAR files to be able to extract anything.

Not as far as I'm aware because I take it they'll be done like Cabinet files? (R00, R01, R02 etc...) In which case you'll need to have all the cabinet RAR files to be able to extract anything.

This. My pet hate about newsgroups tbh. I havent downloaded anything that wasnt what it claimed to be, but have had a few occasions where 1 file out of 95 couldnt be downloaded and the whole thing is wasted

This. My pet hate about newsgroups tbh. I havent downloaded anything that wasnt what it claimed to be, but have had a few occasions where 1 file out of 95 couldnt be downloaded and the whole thing is wasted

What I find is that I download something, then inside the RAR files is another RAR file with a password and link to some dodgy spam site to get the password after completing a survey or something like that.

I've noticed that my Facebook app on my phone is storing 25mb of data. That seems to me to be a ridiculous amount.

I have my phone contacts linked to their facebook profiles, if i clear the data will it undo this? I want to clear the data, but not to just have to go back and sync all my contacts again and be exactly where i'm at just now again....

any help much appreciated fellas.

edit: Nevermind, I just thought "f**k it" and did it.

I had to log back into my facebook acocunt on the phone after doing it, but that's all that happened. Seems that the data is was storing was just redundant shite, it hasnt affected my contacts at all. I'll need to keep an eye on that.

25MB space freed though! :D time to download something.

Edited by Mik

I cleared the browsing data on my phone (wildfire) yesterday and now I can't get my old p&b screen back. It used to fill the screen handily without having to zoom/navigate my way about. Any ideas on how I can get this back. It's driving me daft sad.gif

Cheers in advance etc

Posted this in wrong thread, so can anyone help

Both of the USB ports on my laptop are broke (one has retracted into the computer like a turtle into the shell, the other is too low down in the space to connect). Can this be easily fixed without somehow sending the fucker back to Acer?

Both of the USB ports on my laptop are broke (one has retracted into the computer like a turtle into the shell, the other is too low down in the space to connect). Can this be easily fixed without somehow sending the fucker back to Acer?

What the f**k have you been doing to it? tongue.gif

Eh....opening it up and tempering with it could void your warrenty or you could break it further if you don't know what you're doing, just send it to Acer or try a laptop repair shop, there's plenty about.