E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Does anybody know how to download / save texts from a nokia lumia 920 onto another medium ( ie a pc or something ) ? ( and without just forwarding each text one at a time to another phone ) ?

I am asking on behalf of my brother....

The problem is his phone is pretty much fubar and there are threads of texts he needs to save.... Both Nokia and Microsoft have said no can do ( blaming each other ) but it's hard to imagine in this day and age that they can't be saved ?

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

Does anybody know how to download / save texts from a nokia lumia 920 onto another medium ( ie a pc or something ) ? ( and without just forwarding each text one at a time to another phone ) ?

I am asking on behalf of my brother....

The problem is his phone is pretty much fubar and there are threads of texts he needs to save.... Both Nokia and Microsoft have said no can do ( blaming each other ) but it's hard to imagine in this day and age that they can't be saved ?

Any ideas greatly appreciated...

another Nokia can transfer them across as long as he can get the 920 on and Bluetooth working

Getting a new laptop this week. I'm not an idiot but can't be bothered reading loads of shite about specs. Just needing for internet, some games like FM and Civ5 (Civ 6 when it comes out) and maybe a bit of MATLAB or CAD stuff.

After 10 minute search looking only at processor, memory and hard-drive I'm thinking about getting this - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html

Would be willing to pay more for something obviously better but does anyone ken? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the best, easiest to install and use paid for anti virus software? It is for a small office setup of a maximum 4 computers/laptops/tablets.

Why does it need to be paid for? Ive actually found Microsoft Security essentials to be really easy to install and very non-intrusive. Its free for home use and for businesses up to 10 PCs

Getting a new laptop this week. I'm not an idiot but can't be bothered reading loads of shite about specs. Just needing for internet, some games like FM and Civ5 (Civ 6 when it comes out) and maybe a bit of MATLAB or CAD stuff.

After 10 minute search looking only at processor, memory and hard-drive I'm thinking about getting this - http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/laptops-netbooks/laptops/laptops/hp-pavilion-15-n268sa-15-6-laptop-black-silver-21862441-pdt.html

Would be willing to pay more for something obviously better but does anyone ken? Thanks.

It used to be easy to judge the spec of a computer. Now it just isn't.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/ can tell you how fast processors are compared to each other.

For your design stuff, you'd need to check the specs on the software to see if the laptop is up to it.

By the sounds of it tho your most demanding thing will be civ.

Just remember the no1 rule of laptops. Your bollocks are on the outside to keep them cool. Don't cook them.

Why does my android phone suddenly seem to think I'm in India? A couple of the apps seemed to think my current location is New Delhi and I'm getting promoted ads on twitter for Indian companies

Edit: its an lg g2 if that makes any difference

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Why does my android phone suddenly seem to think I'm in India? A couple of the apps seemed to think my current location is New Delhi and I'm getting promoted ads on twitter for Indian companies

Edit: its an lg g2 if that makes any difference

You'll have checked things like the settings on your phone, the app, your Google account? What apps is it?

How do I get this f**king U2 album off my iPhone?

Bono is a boaby.

Google "remove U2 album from iPhone". It'll be quicker and more accurate than some joker on P&B telling you to phone Bono and ask him