E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Came across an iTunes related problem earlier. Was transferring songs from one computer to another by putting them on a pen drive. Dragged and dropped them into my iTunes and it was working fine however when I took the pen drive out and tried to play the song it came up saying "this song could not be used as the original role could not be found" would you like to locate it?" Then when I put the pen drive back in it worked again with no issues.

What's the problems here? Will the song(s) play if I put them on to my iPod

Thanks in advance

Came across an iTunes related problem earlier. Was transferring songs from one computer to another by putting them on a pen drive. Dragged and dropped them into my iTunes and it was working fine however when I took the pen drive out and tried to play the song it came up saying "this song could not be used as the original role could not be found" would you like to locate it?" Then when I put the pen drive back in it worked again with no issues.

What's the problems here? Will the song(s) play if I put them on to my iPod

Thanks in advance

it may have copied as shortcuts and not the actual track. Moving pen drive elsewhere would have an invalid file path.

or it may be DRM locked if you have acquired it legally

it may have copied as shortcuts and not the actual track. Moving pen drive elsewhere would have an invalid file path.

or it may be DRM locked if you have acquired it legally

Cheers mate, I'm totally lost when it comes to computers, how would I get round this

Cheers mate, I'm totally lost when it comes to computers, how would I get round this

open pen drive ctrl+c open your c drive (my docs-music or somewhere you want it) and ctrl +v, add files to itunes from there. Hopefully should work.

mind you, i found itunes to be a giant pain in the arse and preferred to use zune ( not windows media player)

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1398199818.546950.jpg

How do i fix this? Only one laptop in house and it is this one

Do you have any other devices, like tablets or mobile phones? Could be one of them.

To fix it, make sure your IP address on the laptop is set to DHCP, or 'obtain an IP address automatically'. Instructions are different for different operating systems but they should be easy to find on google

What would the technically inclined pick out of the HTC one mini and the S4 mini? Budget and the fact I have a tablet have lead me to these two in the hunt for a new phone. Main thing for me is the best camera I can get, I'm not a heavy data user.

Thanks in advance :-)

• 3 weeks later...

If I turn off mobile data on iPhone before going abroad, will that prevent any charges from using the internet?

It will stop your data roaming but if you plan on using 3G the costs can be high.

I just use wifi where available (pretty much everywhere nowadays)

About to buy a Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1 for £225 brand new.

Good price and a good piece of kit?

Wish I had seen this earlier.

Sold an as new, mint condition one yesterday for £120. It also had a brand new screen guard and an unopened case. :(

I would like to learn some basics of Programming and coding. Does anyone have any recommendations for beginners to learn for free? I have been looking at free lectures from Massachusetts Instutute of Technology, who use a programme called Python. Is this a good place to start?

I would like to learn some basics of Programming and coding. Does anyone have any recommendations for beginners to learn for free? I have been looking at free lectures from Massachusetts Instutute of Technology, who use a programme called Python. Is this a good place to start?

Depends what you want to do really. If you want to get into Web or mobile development there's not a lot of point learning python.

What kind of thing are you interested in?

Depends what you want to do really. If you want to get into Web or mobile development there's not a lot of point learning python.

What kind of thing are you interested in?

I would like to learn how apps and games are made.