E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

As long as you have your Kindle username and password, yes. Same as having your library across multiple devices (phone, Kindle, iPad).

cheers, will it show as being already purchased and you just have to download them again then?

Exactly like that...;)

On forums I keep seeing random words turned into links for tiny ads which appear when the words are hovered over.

Anyone know why?

Are you using Firefox?

I had that problem, it was an add-on that had been downloaded without me noticing it.

Go into Tools -> Add-ons and disable or remove anything you don't recognise. It should be fairly obvious which one it is that's causing the problem by its name, something to do with advertising or promotions if I remember rightly.

Something similar happened with the left mouse button on my Vaio. I daresay it's more to do with months worth of crumbs/dust building up under the button , because it was only working intermittently, whereas the right button was working fine. I only ever right-clicked for copy/paste anyway, which I now just use the keyboard shortcuts for, so I just swapped the configuration over, now right click is left etc.

Edited by mozam76

Something similar happened with the left mouse button on my Vaio. I daresay it's more to do with months worth of crumbs/dust building up under the button , because it was only working intermittently, whereas the right button was working fine. I only ever right-clicked for copy/paste anyway, which I now just use the keyboard shortcuts for, so I just swapped the configuration over, now right click is left etc.

Cheers, yeah I've done that but it's a bit annoying. I've had it for 3 years so that's probably what the problem is. Just bought a cheap wee mouse so hopefully that works OK.

Mac users: Is it possible to record Skype calls on to GarageBand? ETA this would be for podcasting purposes. Speaking of which, anyone know anything about creating decent sounding trails/intros?

Edited by Savage Henry

After syncing my iPhone to my new laptop the CD drive appears to have disappeared from 'my computer'. When you put in an audio cd/DVD it sounds like its reading the disc but then nothing. Any ideas?

Edit: If I go into device manager I'm getting the following message: "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Edited by Jimmy85

I was looking to get Sky multiroom for my room for £10.25 a month, but they want £200 for a sky+ hd box! If bought one of ebay and then asked for a sky viewing card would that likely work? And is it difficult to set up?

You would also need the cabling done?

But to answer you can get a viewing card from Sky.

I know there are loads of questions on this but what is the best reasonably priced wireless router available just now?

It needs to be able to cope with a couple of laptops, a couple of tablets and a couple of phones at the same time without losing too much speed.

The person looking is currently on Talk Talk network

My Spybot Search and Destroy is failing to get rid of the majority of the problems it has identified because I am not an administrator, how do I solve this, there is 80 odd pieces of shit I can't get rid of.

Answered your own question.

My Spybot Search and Destroy is failing to get rid of the majority of the problems it has identified because I am not an administrator, how do I solve this, there is 80 odd pieces of shit I can't get rid of.

You could try right clicking on the Spybot exe and selecting "Run as administrator".

Youre best bet, though, is to boot into Safe Mode and run it

Couple of years ago my gf at the time signed me up for a Vodafone contract in her name. A month or two ago I upgraded to an iPhone but can't sync the SIM card as she is the only one who can do it but we are no longer in contact. Vodafone say I can't do anything as she is the account holder and she is the only one that can waive the account to me.

Can I buy another Vodafone SIM card and activate that myself? The contract is a fixed 24 month so a PAYG SIM would be pointless.

Anyone ever had the error message " Update could not be downloaded due to an error (481)" with app updates on android? My phone doesn't have a lot of free memory left because I have so many games stored on it, so I was thinking the lack of memory might be the problem, but surely updates wouldn't need a great deal more memory than the version it's replacing?

You would also need the cabling done?

But to answer you can get a viewing card from Sky.

You would need the cabling, yes. The dish would also have to have an LNB with enough outputs (4 for two boxes). If its a newer dish it probably will.

Cheers guys!

With the sky box I got the cables i got were the power lead and a HDMI lead. When I get someone to come a fit it, would I need to buy any other cables or would they be likely to supply them?

You would also need the cabling done? But to answer you can get a viewing card from Sky.
You

would need the cabling, yes. The dish would also have to have an LNB with enough outputs (4 for two boxes). If its a newer dish it probably will.

Cheers guys! With the sky box I got the cables i got were the power lead and a HDMI lead. When I get someone to come a fit it, would I need to buy any other cables or would they be likely to supply them?
Is it a sky engineer that is fitting it or independent engineer?