E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

What's te best free software for finding adware at the moment? I have something on my computer and can't trace it but Adaware and Microsoft Security Essentials have yet to find it. Don't want Avast as it plays up with my patch for Pro Evo.

Spybot is worth a try. How do you know you have something if your security software cant detect anything?

Spybot is worth a try. How do you know you have something if your security software cant detect anything?

Already have Spybot, hasn't found anything either.

I'm getting a few suspicious pop-ups appearing from time to time which are similar to ones that were appearing when I unintentionally installed someadware a few weeks back. I think it's the remnants of that but can't find out where it is.

Already have Spybot, hasn't found anything either.

I'm getting a few suspicious pop-ups appearing from time to time which are similar to ones that were appearing when I unintentionally installed someadware a few weeks back. I think it's the remnants of that but can't find out where it is.

Malwarebytes is another one worth checking out. However, if Adaware, MSE and Spybot havent found anything then theres a good chance you dont actually have anything!

I'm buying an external hard drive for my laptop because it's running out of space, whilst looking on Amazon I noticed external graphics cards.

I only play Football Manager on it and it is getting slower and slower. The matches have to be played in 2D because the 3D makes the game freeze. When I 1st bought the game it ran perfectly (4 or 5 stars), now I'm lucky if I get 2 stars on the performance thing when you start a new game.

So my question is, do I need a graphics card or will I be fine with just an external hard drive? If I need a graphics card, can somebody recommend an external graphics card in the £30 - £40 region? I don't have a clue about graphics cards etc.

The laptop is a dell Latitude D620 with Windows XP.

Edited by t1t3h

Malwarebytes is another one worth checking out. However, if Adaware, MSE and Spybot havent found anything then theres a good chance you dont actually have anything!

Still there sadly - thought Spybot had got it but I keep getting redirected to sites related to easyfiledownload.com or some similar nonsense when I try to access some normal websites - this one being one of them.

My own fault as I installed some piece of crap from that website a few weeks ago that I thought was a genuine file I was after.

I need help....

My notebook no longer detects my cd/dvd drive. It's a Samsung NP355V5C-A0EUK, and is Windows 8.

I tried this which initially worked and detected the cd in the drive, but it then disappeared after 2mins.

I've tried various hints and tips and got nowhere.

I'm not 100% on what i was looking for, but on the BIOS screen it shows two SATA ports, one listed the hard drive, and the other stated "not installed" - i'm guessing this is the cd/dvd drive?

Cheers for any help!

Still there sadly - thought Spybot had got it but I keep getting redirected to sites related to easyfiledownload.com or some similar nonsense when I try to access some normal websites - this one being one of them.

My own fault as I installed some piece of crap from that website a few weeks ago that I thought was a genuine file I was after.

have you checked your list of programs, might be something has installed itself

or even your browser add ons

have you checked your list of programs, might be something has installed itself

or even your browser add ons

Aye, went through that a few weeks ago and it was still doing it. Seems to have stopped for the time being. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...

im looking to edit a song so that i only have a part of it, ive tried using windows movie maker and the song crops fine, saves fine but when you got to play it the file is a WMA file and no sound is on the file (even though there was sound after i had cropped it)

ive had a look on google and there are loads of ways to convert it or use a different program to crop it etc, so thought id ask the people on here how they would do it

cheers people

I downloaded something akin to the trial version of Virtual DJ (I can't remember what it was I had, sorry). I then loaded the song I wanted, paused it at the point I wanted and recorded the section I wanted.

You can choose the output as MP3 or WAV.

im looking to edit a song so that i only have a part of it, ive tried using windows movie maker and the song crops fine, saves fine but when you got to play it the file is a WMA file and no sound is on the file (even though there was sound after i had cropped it)

ive had a look on google and there are loads of ways to convert it or use a different program to crop it etc, so thought id ask the people on here how they would do it

cheers people

I used this before >>> http://majorgeeks.com/Wavosaur_d5418.html It's free and gets the job done.

Edited by vip3r

cheers people

I've been using Audacity for years without problems, it's a free download from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

If I have broken my kindle. Is it easy enough to re-download my books I have already purchased onto my replacement?

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Pie & Bovril mobile app

If I have broken my kindle. Is it easy enough to re-download my books I have already purchased onto my replacement?

As long as you have your Kindle username and password, yes. Same as having your library across multiple devices (phone, Kindle, iPad).

As long as you have your Kindle username and password, yes. Same as having your library across multiple devices (phone, Kindle, iPad).

cheers, will it show as being already purchased and you just have to download them again then?