E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Yeah I've been through that but didn't make a difference

Due to different system configurations, removing spyware & malware can sometimes cause as much grief as the malware itself...I would recomend posting here for any spyware removal probs...I've used their help myself after the wee boy fecked up my PC 8)

Looks a bit dead, where should I post it?

Anyway I've got a scan going on now which is taking forever, will see what happens once it's finished.

Yeah I've been through that but didn't make a difference

Looks a bit dead, where should I post it?

Anyway I've got a scan going on now which is taking forever, will see what happens once it's finished.

2 things..

1, check extensions on browser, if 'delta bar' is there, disable it.

2, if going down malaware removal route, disable System restore before scan. Wee feckers like to hide in the start up so reinfect every boot.

2 things..

2, if going down malaware removal route, disable System restore before scan. Wee feckers like to hide in the start up so reinfect every boot.

The scan says there are no problems and the computer is protected, but yhs delta search engine is still my homepage, despite changing it to google :angry:

2 things..

Thats not always the best thing to do, its better to have an infected PC to restore back too if things go tits up rather than have a PC that wont boot at all...best to disable system restore after the infection / malware has been cleared

A search engine called YHS delta has taken over as my homepage. I've tried googling about it but there doesn't seem to be much info on it, apart from it's a virus that should be removed. I've tried a system restore aswell as uninstalling a couple of programmes I installed today (no doubt it's come from one of them) but it's still there. Any ideas?

what anti virus have you got mate?

Silly question but i guess you have scanned your system with that, try starting your system in safe mode and running it

What browser are you using and is it changing your home page in other browsers

Yeah like I say it detects no problems, it's not like your average virus that prevents you doing anything normal or brings popups. And it's only in Chrome, Internet Explorer is fine.

Yeah like I say it detects no problems, it's not like your average virus that prevents you doing anything normal or brings popups. And it's only in Chrome, Internet Explorer is fine.

It's not a virus, you have simply installed either an extension or a search engine for Chrome. Both can be fixed/removed by going to settings and either "Manage Search Engines" or "Extensions" and disabling then uninstalling the relevant item.

It's not a virus, you have simply installed either an extension or a search engine for Chrome. Both can be fixed/removed by going to settings and either "Manage Search Engines" or "Extensions" and disabling then uninstalling the relevant item.

I disabled the search engine but it's still there, I don't know what program is causing it to still be there.

I disabled the search engine but it's still there, I don't know what program is causing it to still be there.

Did you disable, then uninstall, the Delta Search Engine extension? You will find your extensions by putting chrome://extensions/ into the address bar.

Did you disable, then uninstall, the Delta Search Engine extension? You will find your extensions by putting chrome://extensions/ into the address bar.

I just disabled it. What would the program be called? There is none that would seem obviously related to Delta search engine.

The scan says there are no problems and the computer is protected, but yhs delta search engine is still my homepage, despite changing it to google :angry:

have you tried disabling all extensions at the one time?, if not then try that to see if you still have problems

also check if Chrome is connecting to the internet via a proxy clicky

Edited by vip3r

Delete chrome entirely if you cant find the specific program mate, sounds like something ric says however in that its an extension or addon (im used to Firefox so not sure how chrome works with its add ons)

Exactly the same to be honest. Deleting chrome is a sledgehammer/nut solution imo. There are two things that can affect how searching works in chrome, they are search engines and extensions (again the same as firefox) you can install or uninstall both. With some extensions they will set what search engines are available and active, so there can be a little bit of cross over, but in general they are separate settings within the browser. Just to confirm, for chrome, search engines can be found by putting the following chrome://settings/searchEngines into the address bar, and extensions chrome://extensions

I just disabled it. What would the program be called? There is none that would seem obviously related to Delta search engine.

If there is nothing obvious then it's a case of disabling every extension. Restart chrome, does the problem persist? If so it's not an extension (and may be something system wide), if not then it's a case of enabling one extension, restarting chrome, seeing if the problem is reinstated. If so the source is the extension you just enabled. Repeat until you've identified the extension responsible.

Does anyone know of a way to keep things downloaded from iPlayer for good, rather than the 30 day limit currently on the files? Have tried a few things to remove the DRM but the only one that worked produced a pish quality video at the end.