E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Sounds (gettit?) like you might have inadvertently stopped something from starting up that the sound card needs.

The popup is from Toolwiz. You can switch it off, its in the settings somewhere.

Yeah, it will be in the settings, I just haven't found it yet! (EDIT: scratch that, I found it) It's more the sound and the sleep thing that are pissing me off now. I've had a look through all the start up programmes and I can't see anything that it might be (it luckily provides a list of not only what the programmes are called but what they do and what happens if you turn them off). This is what the diagnostic check says:

Issues found

One or more audio service isn't running Not fixed

Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for audio to work correctly. Atleast one of these services isn't running.

Frankly, I have no idea what that even means, let alone how to fix it. It has rebooted a couple of times since I installed Toolwiz without the audio being affected, so why it's doing it now I don't know. There's nothing else changed recently, so it's unlikely to be anything else.

Edit again: My sound is back! There was a checkbox that said "Hide system services" which was checked. I unchecked it and found the audio services and et voila, I can hear again.

Got myself a HTC one x (previously had a dell streak) would like to know how to copy and paste comments from Facebook etc.... Used to get the option to "select text" and do it that way. Have conversations with people from around the world and used to use Google translate but can't now. Only fluent in two languages, any help would be appreciated. ;)

I've got the Samsung Galaxy S2, which is also android. Press and hold the text you want to copy and you should get a box come up to ask what you want to do with it. Hit copy, set the area you want to copy and then find where you want to paste it, press and hold again and a paste option should come up.

Edited by Mrs M

I've got the Samsung Galaxy S2, which is also android. Press and hold the text you want to copy and you should get a box come up to ask what you want to do with it. Hit copy, set the area you want to copy and then find where you want to paste it, press and hold again and a paste option should come up.

worked here but not with Facebook. It comes up with 2 green arrows which you can move to select any text you want, which works great. Just not on facebook. :(

Anyone any help with using a mobile internationally? My girlfriend is in Romania currently and her T-Mobile phone isn't connecting to any network.

It's compatible with the band they use over there, and its ben set to international mode, but is there anything else that could fix the problem?

Is that the official Facebook app? It's balls. I just use a bookmark for the mobile FB web-page, instead of the app itself. It loads much quicker than the app and you will be able to copy and paste.

How do i turn off facebook notifications on my phone? (Galaxy S3)

This.

Does anyone use - did anyone use - mobileme for website hosting, and could they please tell me how to transfer my iWeb content onto another platform, as I presume that will no longer work either?

Anyone any help with using a mobile internationally? My girlfriend is in Romania currently and her T-Mobile phone isn't connecting to any network.

It's compatible with the band they use over there, and its ben set to international mode, but is there anything else that could fix the problem?

To add to this I tried to phone T-Mobile this morning. The b*****ds wouldn't let me do anything because "they need my girlfriiend to phone and say it's ok". Surely if she could phone up she would fix this herself.

I despise call centre workers.

During a laptop crash last week i mashed all the buttons at once to try and get a response. Ever since i've had no sound, have i inadvertently pressed a shortcut to mute my sound? Does anyone know which buttons would do this so i can reverse it?

During a laptop crash last week i mashed all the buttons at once to try and get a response. Ever since i've had no sound, have i inadvertently pressed a shortcut to mute my sound? Does anyone know which buttons would do this so i can reverse it?

Function (Fn) & F2 pressed together will mute/unmute sound.

I've just purchased a HTC one x and I'm looking to download the SKY GO app but I'm struggling to find it in my app store. Sky's offical website says it's available to download for HTC one x and Samsung Galaxy s3 smartphones. Has anyone managed to download the SKY GO app for either of these phones?

Edit- Sorry, misread SKY's OS and now see that SKY GO isn't available on Ice Cream Sandwidge androids but is available for older androids.:blink: What a fuckin joke!

Edited by YER SISTERS YER MAW

I've just purchased a HTC one x and I'm looking to download the SKY GO app but I'm struggling to find it in my app store. Sky's offical website says it's available to download for HTC one x and Samsung Galaxy s3 smartphones. Has anyone managed to download the SKY GO app for either of these phones?

Edit- Sorry, misread SKY's OS and now see that SKY GO isn't available on Ice Cream Sandwidge androids but is available for older androids.:blink: What a fuckin joke!

Yeah Sky Go on Android has been one massive PR disaster for Sky.

End of July according to this article :D

According to that articles listing, the new ICS SKY Go app doesn't support HTC One X or Samsung Galaxy S3 handsets;:(

"The news arrived along with confirmation that Sky Go for Android will be getting on-demand programmes. ICS handset owners have been waiting non-too-patiently for confirmation of a date for the Sky Go for Android rollout and will be delighted that they do not have long to wait.

The final list of ICS and non-ICS handsets supported will be: HTC Desire, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Incredible S, HTC Sensation, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Galaxy S and the Samsung Galaxy S2.

Sky has traditionally rolled its key applications out on iOS first but is clearly aware of the huge Android market among its subscribers".

How do i turn off facebook notifications on my phone? (Galaxy S3)

I don't have an S3, but can you get an app settings box up when you open up the app?

I've got a Sensation XE, and this got rid of them for me:

Open FB app > Press the second button from the left > Settings > untick the box saying 'Notifications'.