E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Looking for a bit of help. I've loads of videos on my iphone,some i'd taken with it and some i'd transfered to it from my old nokia..been trying to put them on my galaxy nexus.but they just wont play..can anybody recommend an app i can download to get them to work? I've downloaded mx video player and mobo video player but no joy..

Cheers..

Looking for a bit of help. I've loads of videos on my iphone,some i'd taken with it and some i'd transfered to it from my old nokia..been trying to put them on my galaxy nexus.but they just wont play..can anybody recommend an app i can download to get them to work? I've downloaded mx video player and mobo video player but no joy..

Cheers..

What format are they in?

It might be easier to put them onto your PC and convert them there than find an app for the phone

My iPod has went through the wash. First of all, any tips to save it? It's an old Nano so I can't take it in half, and the house is hot enough without switching on radiators...

I'm pretty much resigned to losing it though. I don't have the files for the majority of the songs on my iPod.... is my music gone? Someone tell me I can save it. :(

My iPod has went through the wash. First of all, any tips to save it? It's an old Nano so I can't take it in half, and the house is hot enough without switching on radiators...

I'm pretty much resigned to losing it though. I don't have the files for the majority of the songs on my iPod.... is my music gone? Someone tell me I can save it. :(

Submerge it in a bowl of uncooked rice for a week somewhere warm.

I have begun downloading T.V. Series, and they do take up gigabytes at the time.

What's the "fair use" policy before Virgin Media 1. Charge you more or 2. Stop you downloading? Like the amount i can download?

Do you have a cap limit on your internet or do you have unlimited broadband with a "fair use" written into the fine print?

If it's the latter, then I have downloaded full TV series' and hundreds of films and have never been pulled up for Downloading too much.

I think you'll be alright to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope someone can help.

We've just got a new kitten, and the wee shite is into everything - including crawling across my laptop keyboard.:angry:

Now, when I use the arrow keys, the screen won't scroll up and down as normal. Instead, I have to click on the page (whatever page), and it brings up a small cursor, which will go down and up the page. Also, the Home and End key (which I normally use to go to the top or bottom of a page quickly) don't work at all.

Anybody any idea what the wee shite has stepped on, and how I can sort it?

Cheers.

EDIT - sorted it! F7 was my friend. Ebony the kitten - is not.

Edited by mozam76

Is this site ok to use to unlock my iphone?

http://iphone-unlocker-pro.com/

DO NOT USE THAT SITE! They ask for IMEI number which is needed for unlocking but I just put in some random numbers and it said I could unlock a 3GS but not a 4S with the same IMEI. They are just using free tools from the hacking community iPhone Dev Team and repackaging them for money. It is a rip off.

They will be using a thing called UltraSn0w which unlocks iPhones for use on other networks but it isn't permanent. If that is what you are looking for then go to the dev blog. blog.iphone-dev.org/ If you have had the phone for a while and bought it on contract phone your carrier and ask for the unlock code. Some carriers are good with this, some are bad and some are Orange (worst). Probably check out their websites for online forms or t&cs.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

• 2 weeks later...

Right, about to start ripping my CDs to store them digitally. Any recommended free software out there?

Anybody tried Media Monkey or CopyTransManager? Any good?

I also need something iPod compatible but not fucking iTunes.

I use Freerip

Not sure about it being iPod compatible though

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of starting a blog. I've looked at wordpress.com and I might sign up to this but I'm wondering if anyone here can recommend any other sites? If it is possible I would want it to have 4 or 5 sections so I can write about different things and make it look less cluttered. Is that possible?

All the cool kids are using tumblr.com

ablogalypse.png

If true, evidence that the general public knows nothing. Tumblr's an absolute train wreck of a website. It's horrible to use and the search engine is pathetic. I hate it and wilfully ignore any tumblr links. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

T1t3H - have you tried using your own website? I use iWeb for my own, but there are plenty of PC versions too for basic, clutter free website and blog design. Web hosting doesn't cost much at all these days.

I've seen tumblr before, I haven't seen anything on it that impresses me tbh. Every time I see a link to Tumblr, all the sites look like a complete mess.

Never really thought of setting up my own website, I'll look into it.

Going abroad soon. I've had roaming on the phone for years enabling me to text & phone from anywhere.

This will be the first time with a smartphone 'tho Galaxy S2.

I've got 500mb of data/month. What settings should I turn off to make sure I don't get a huge bill on returning to UK?

Thanks in advance.

Going abroad soon. I've had roaming on the phone for years enabling me to text & phone from anywhere.

This will be the first time with a smartphone 'tho Galaxy S2.

I've got 500mb of data/month. What settings should I turn off to make sure I don't get a huge bill on returning to UK?

Thanks in advance.

turn off everything that access the internet on your phone, your data allowance will likely not cover you abroad

turn off all apps that require data usage, all push notifications etc etc

everything, you are better safe than sorry

turn off everything that access the internet on your phone, your data allowance will likely not cover you abroad

turn off all apps that require data usage, all push notifications etc etc

everything, you are better safe than sorry

Yup. Make sure you aren't using the internet on your phone. easiest way is to just keep it on flight mode for the duration of your holiday, but make sure you've got data roaming turned off. If you have to use the web, tap into free wifi wherever you can find it.