E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

I've just got a new phone and I've managed to change P&B to the desktop version instead of the mobile one, anyone know how to change it back? Thanks

Exit the page, go into settings and clear cache, history and cookies. The site should open on mobile when you next reload.

Works for me anyway.

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but I'll give it a go anyway. Which uses up more of your internet usage, streaming a tv show or downloading it?

For legality's sake, we'll use the example if the BBC iPlayer. You can download the program (if BBC owns the correct rights, for instance Eastenders is fine but MOTD2 isn't) or you can simply stream if using the BBC iPlayer's player. So which uses more of your internet usage? Is this the same across the board (ie for ITV, 4OD, Sky Go and other streaming sites)?

Neither Firefox or Chrome (which I have just downloaded) are opening, and I've had to resort to using Internet Explorer. Why is this?

Edit- Chrome is now up and running after a while, but Firefox is still down.

Edited by Smurph

I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but I'll give it a go anyway. Which uses up more of your internet usage, streaming a tv show or downloading it?

For legality's sake, we'll use the example if the BBC iPlayer. You can download the program (if BBC owns the correct rights, for instance Eastenders is fine but MOTD2 isn't) or you can simply stream if using the BBC iPlayer's player. So which uses more of your internet usage? Is this the same across the board (ie for ITV, 4OD, Sky Go and other streaming sites)?

Depends on the formats they use for either. If the file you're downloading can only be played in the sites own player (ie iplayer) then they are probably both the same. If you can download an avi or mpg version, for example, then streaming will use less

Neither Firefox or Chrome (which I have just downloaded) are opening, and I've had to resort to using Internet Explorer. Why is this?

Edit- Chrome is now up and running after a while, but Firefox is still down.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling both

Are there any decent free programmes for downloading music from youtube? Obviously there are plenty available, but I wouldn't be able to tell the differences between different software other than the name probably.

Are there any decent free programmes for downloading music from youtube? Obviously there are plenty available, but I wouldn't be able to tell the differences between different software other than the name probably.

Google DVDVideosoft free studio

Shockwave Flash is continually crashing on Chrome, any idea how I fix this, given that Chrome is supposed to auto update flash player whenever any updates become available?

I used to have the same problem. Click on the spanner on top right corner, then on 'About Google Chrome'. The Chrome update will start installing automatically, and should sort the problem.

Edited by welshbairn

I used to have the same problem. Click on the spanner on top right corner, then on 'About Google Chrome'. The Chrome update will start installing automatically, and should sort the problem.

Awesome. Just read this. Was beginning to piss me off big time. Cheers.

My computer has started to make ringing noise, it's coming out the computer (a desktop a few years old but only use it for Internet). It's similar to a telephone ring and only seems to happen if it's been on for a while or if I'm downloading any large files it comes on if it's taking a while to download, any ideas what this is?

My computer has started to make ringing noise, it's coming out the computer (a desktop a few years old but only use it for Internet). It's similar to a telephone ring and only seems to happen if it's been on for a while or if I'm downloading any large files it comes on if it's taking a while to download, any ideas what this is?

Might need to clean the tower out,could be the fan making the noise? :unsure:

I thought there was already a thread on this but I had a look and couldn't see it.

My question is, if I buy a domain name (forehead.eu is available for £2.99 for the year), are there plenty of programs on the net which would help me program it and shit?

If you pay a couple quid more then you can get a professional web editor, not sure if it's a couple quid more a year or just a one off payment.

I'd need to look into it but I reckon having a website would be pretty cool. I'd obviously need to look into any fine print first.

Just looking for any nifty tips from anyone who's done it before.

My father in law stays in Spain and wants to watch Sky Go on his laptop , his son has a Sky account here which he can use to set it up. However the service isn't available outside the UK. Can you get round this ?

Google search for UK based proxies. When you find one, key in the SKY url you want, and press go. If it doesn't work, try another one, and so on. I know the BBC are quite tricky and block a lot of proxy sites, not sure about SKY... Try loads of free ones before you consider any you have to pay for..

Google search for UK based proxies. When you find one, key in the SKY url you want, and press go. If it doesn't work, try another one, and so on. I know the BBC are quite tricky and block a lot of proxy sites, not sure about SKY... Try loads of free ones before you consider any you have to pay for..

Cheers, mate.