E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Sure its not the volume control on the tv :ph34r:

:lol: I knew someone was going to say that. Nope it has nothing to do with it,I did try and turn it up,mute it,I even switched the V+ box on and off. Nothing is working here today!

Probably just dodgy discs.

So it's definately not the discs (i've tried better discs and stii get No Disc) so I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've not changed anything but I'm thinking perhaps it's the file's it's burning can't be read by the dvd player? It's avi files I'm burning.

Any decent free DVD burners?

ETA : I've tried using a different programme to burn a film and it's still coming up No Disc when I put it in the DVD player. It's playing on my laptop ok so it's definately burned it.

Edited by rexclark

So it's definately not the discs (i've tried better discs and stii get No Disc) so I don't know. I'm pretty sure I've not changed anything but I'm thinking perhaps it's the file's it's burning can't be read by the dvd player? It's avi files I'm burning.

ETA : I've tried using a different programme to burn a film and it's still coming up No Disc when I put it in the DVD player. It's playing on my laptop ok so it's definately burned it.

what format are you burning in ? pal or nstc ? some updates change your sefault settings to america not uk ..

also, have you tried other dvd players (xbox / ps3 perhaps?) it could be your dvd player

what format are you burning in ? pal or nstc ? some updates change your sefault settings to america not uk ..

also, have you tried other dvd players (xbox / ps3 perhaps?) it could be your dvd player

I've checked, it's PAL. I've also tried it in the PS3 and still no luck. At first I thought maybe it was the DVD burner but it's playing on the laptop. I'm trying again using DVD Flick to see if that works.

Anybody ??????

Dont know if any of this applies (and it is a few years old)

Over the last week, many of you have been having problems printing PayPal shipping labels. On Thursday evening, November 3 we released new functionality for label printing. Since that time some sellers have had issues with labels that have required them to void labels, reprint labels or find alternative methods of shipping their eBay items. We have been working to resolve these errors, and today most eBay sellers should be able to print both domestic and international shipping labels from PayPal with no problems. A small number of sellers and transactions may still experience problems with label printing. We will be releasing new fixes over the next few days to hopefully address all potential known issues. We will update this status of this issue on this thread. Known Workarounds to Existing Issues If you happen to experience any error message (‘Cannot connect to’, 3005, etc.) while trying to print a PayPal shipping label, try one of the following known workarounds. Many of these known areas for failure are related to amount of text that can be placed on the shipping label or customs form entry fields. While these solutions may not help every error condition until we make improvements, they do address many of the situations that our sellers are experiencing. Thanks, Shane Menchions Product Marketing, Shipping -Possible Issue: Destination address cannot exceed 40 characters, destination city cannot exceed 25 characters, destination address cannot be blank -Possible Fix: Shorten the address using reasonable methods such as “Boulevard = Blvd”. This will not affect Seller Protection Policy eligibility. -Possible Issue: Destination state must be 2 characters long. It may not be apparent that the state is longer than 2 characters when read. -Possible Fix: Select the destination state from the dropdown list. This will not affect Seller Protection Policy eligibility. -Possible Issue: No fields can contain the special characters &, < or >. -Possible Fix: Edit fields to remove special characters. -Possible Issue: “Ship From” or seller zip code must be 5 digits. -Possible Fix: Sellers may change their zip code to 5 digits from My eBay or edit the label field. -Possible Issue: When logging onto PayPal after selecting to print a label from eBay, the seller receives an error. -Possible Fix: 1)Log onto you PayPal account 2)Click “Profile” in upper right 3) Click “Shipping Preferences” 4) Ensure box for “eBay Items and Auction Goods” is checked. -Possible Issue: For international shipments, customs item description cannot be longer than 45 characters & customs “Package Content Type” additional information field cannot be longer than 20 characters. -Possible Fix: Shorten customs fields to meet length requirements. -Possible Issue: For international shipments, “Ship From” phone number cannot be blank. -Possible Fix: This field must be filled in with a valid U.S. phone number due to international customs regulations. -Possible Issue: For international shipments, the “Ship To” name and company cannot be greater than 45 characters. -Possible Fix: Shorten the field to be below 45 characters. This will not affect Seller Protection Policy eligibility.

Have you tried burning an avi that you have successfully done before? Would rule out the burner.

My guess is that it maybe not an avi.

Have you tried burning an avi that you have successfully done before? Would rule out the burner.

My guess is that it maybe not an avi.

I've tried and still no luck. When playing it through Nero when it nears the end I get the message "Unable to read part of the file on DVD. Playback may be affected."

Iassume it's not burning properly?

I've tried and still no luck. When playing it through Nero when it nears the end I get the message "Unable to read part of the file on DVD. Playback may be affected."

Iassume it's not burning properly?

Which DVD is it erroring on? The one you're burning too, or are you ripping something off another DVD?

Either way, it might be worth getting a cleaning kit for the DVD writer

Which DVD is it erroring on? The one you're burning too, or are you ripping something off another DVD?

Either way, it might be worth getting a cleaning kit for the DVD writer

It's a download I'm trying to burn. I've tried a few with on success.

I'll get a cleaning kit and give it a go. Cheers.

I've just got a new phone and I've managed to change P&B to the desktop version instead of the mobile one, anyone know how to change it back? Thanks

Scroll right down to the bottom of the screen. Should be a "desktop" link that will switch it back. Or a drop down to change the theme

It's a download I'm trying to burn. I've tried a few with on success.

I'll get a cleaning kit and give it a go. Cheers.

Are you sure its not the file youve downloaded? Long shot - but it could be a corrupt sector on the HD.

Can you watch the downloaded file with something like VLC?

Virus or Trojan: TOEUW.EXE - Does anyone know how to remove it? It disables your anti-virus etc and shortcut links. I have googled and the best way to remove it seesm to be program called combo fix, although I cannot get it to run. Does anyone have any information on how else I can remove the bugger?