E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Yeah but it's not working...

What's it is, is I have a PDF which has an isometric drawing on it and a data table.

However, the data table seems to be embedded as a picture because it's not picking up any of the data as text.

I've tried exporting it in HTML, TXT, RTF, XML so far and it's not picking it up.

I think i'm f*cked on this one....

Try using OneNote to take a screenshot of the table. OneNote can take text out of an image. Ive used it for simple stuff and works well enough, not sure how reliable it would be for a data table mind you.

Try using OneNote to take a screenshot of the table. OneNote can take text out of an image. Ive used it for simple stuff and works well enough, not sure how reliable it would be for a data table mind you.

What is onenote? a program?

I can't download and install anything because its for work.

hmm...i don't think I have OneNote...or I just can't find it....doesn't matter now though,

As it happens, i have 70 odd PDFs to do, out of the 70, it was only 1 of them that had the table embedded as a picture.

The rest had the table inserted properly so all I had to do was highlight the text and rightclick and select "Open Table In Spreadsheet" and type out the one PDF manually (not perfect but f*ck it)

Cheers mate.

hmm...i don't think I have OneNote...or I just can't find it....doesn't matter now though,

As it happens, i have 70 odd PDFs to do, out of the 70, it was only 1 of them that had the table embedded as a picture.

The rest had the table inserted properly so all I had to do was highlight the text and rightclick and select "Open Table In Spreadsheet" and type out the one PDF manually (not perfect but f*ck it)

Cheers mate.

No probs. OneNote is in Office 2007, not sure if its in earlier versions or not

No probs. OneNote is in Office 2007, not sure if its in earlier versions or not

We have 2003 mad.gif.

We're also running IE 6.

We were MEANT to be due an upgrade to Office 2007 and IE. 8 in Q1 of 2011.

Bae Systems = shitehole.

Having major difficulties with computer today. Both laptops in the house struggling to load applications on facebook. Don't know if that means it's to do with internet provider or issues with operating system. It's happening in internet explorer and google chrome.

Everything was fine till about 6pm yesterday. IE 9 and 2 updates via windows yesterday. I uninstalled them but still the same problem. Adobe was updated on 29th. Don't know if it's to do with that. Should I uninstall Adobe and start again.

I've cleared cache, defragged system, etc.

Anyone any ideas?

We have 2003 mad.gif.

We're also running IE 6.

We were MEANT to be due an upgrade to Office 2007 and IE. 8 in Q1 of 2011.

Bae Systems = shitehole.

A common problem in the corporate world. Far too many systems written with active x plugins and IE6 specific code and too much work to rewrite.

Having major difficulties with computer today. Both laptops in the house struggling to load applications on facebook. Don't know if that means it's to do with internet provider or issues with operating system. It's happening in internet explorer and google chrome.

Everything was fine till about 6pm yesterday. IE 9 and 2 updates via windows yesterday. I uninstalled them but still the same problem. Adobe was updated on 29th. Don't know if it's to do with that. Should I uninstall Adobe and start again.

I've cleared cache, defragged system, etc.

Anyone any ideas?

Get off facebook and get a life? :P

Reinstalling flash is probably worth a try. Are you sure it isnt just an issue with the facebook apps themselves running slowly? Can you visit other sites with flash stuff on them ok?

A common problem in the corporate world. Far too many systems written with active x plugins and IE6 specific code and too much work to rewrite.

Get off facebook and get a life? :P

Reinstalling flash is probably worth a try. Are you sure it isnt just an issue with the facebook apps themselves running slowly? Can you visit other sites with flash stuff on them ok?

No-one else seems to be having problems though. I asked on my profile last night and others game stuff is appearing on my feed. One of the apps has loaded there - it took an hour and you can't access any missions! I know what a saddo that makes me sound but I'm stuck at home with a broken leg :ph34r:

Will try uninstalling adobe and see what happens. Doesn't make any sense though with it happening on other laptop. PnB was slow to load last night as well. Fecking annoying.

No-one else seems to be having problems though. I asked on my profile last night and others game stuff is appearing on my feed. One of the apps has loaded there - it took an hour and you can't access any missions! I know what a saddo that makes me sound but I'm stuck at home with a broken leg :ph34r:

Will try uninstalling adobe and see what happens. Doesn't make any sense though with it happening on other laptop. PnB was slow to load last night as well. Fecking annoying.

Try restarting the router too. Switch the power off to it and leave it for 30-60 secs then switch it back on.

How did you manage to break your leg?

Try restarting the router too. Switch the power off to it and leave it for 30-60 secs then switch it back on.

How did you manage to break your leg?

Uninstalled and re-installed flashplayer, switched router off and then back on - still no change :(

I slipped while dancing at work - stepped off a damp carpet onto laminate floor and my foot slipped - felt and heard my ankle crack :bairn

Uninstalled and re-installed flashplayer, switched router off and then back on - still no change :(

I slipped while dancing at work - stepped off a damp carpet onto laminate floor and my foot slipped - felt and heard my ankle crack :bairn

Ouch, though the carpet in front of the poles are usually soaking :ph34r:

Which browser are you on? Had probs getting on email since firefox updated a week or so ago. Happened a year ago as well and sorted itself after a while after driving me insane trying to fix it. At least this time i know just to use IE for that just now. Back then it also affected some Faecesbook apps.

The wireless signal in my house is poor (I'm with sky). It's an old house with thick walls etc but I was talking to a friend about it and he said something about changing the channel on my router. Any ideas on how to do this? an idiots guide would be helpful

The wireless signal in my house is poor (I'm with sky). It's an old house with thick walls etc but I was talking to a friend about it and he said something about changing the channel on my router. Any ideas on how to do this? an idiots guide would be helpful

Type 192.168.1.1 into browser and that should access your router, change the channel from there, reboot and should be sorted. Whether it will make much difference is another matter though.

My wife has just got a new iPhone4, she is trying to transfer her old photos etc. from her old samsung to this iphone via bluetooth, she can connect to it from the samsung but the iphone isnt picking up her bluetooth on the samsung, it is set to visible to other devices as well. Any help?

iPhones don't do file transfer by Bluetooth (yet) unless jailbroken.

Through the PC, or email, only way to do it.

iPhones don't do file transfer by Bluetooth (yet) unless jailbroken.

Through the PC, or email, only way to do it.

Cheers mate, The wife got all the photos transferred through the PC.

So the point of bluetooth on the Iphone is......? dry.gif

As wunfellaff said, changing the channel isnt going to make any difference to signal strength

If its that bad, have a look at powerline adaptors. They take the network signal round the house via the electrical wiring. Not that cheap, but might be worth it if the wirless is unusable.

'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT' blue screen errors, humped memory?

I was getting them quite often a month or so back, on shutdown, startup and I wasn't able to stay logged in for more than 5 minutes without getting one. Then, I just left my PC off for a few days and it seemed to be working fine again. I went away last weekend, and it was the first time I'd switched the plug off at the wall in a while (I hadn't done so since I started getting the errors), and after turning it back on, the errors are now back again. Not as bad as before but it's still happening. I can't get logged in for more than 5 minutes again, and although I can get in safe mode for a considerable period, it seems to be happening there too. No errors on startup or shutdown like before though.

So, is it likely to be the memory that's fucked, and replacing the RAM will fix the problem? Or could it be anything else?

How can I find out what kind of RAM I have on my computer - without taking the tower apart, I want to update my risible RAM size (512mb) to something a little more up to date. I run XP sp3 by the way.

Also, does anyone know a good place that I can get the new chips from at a reasonable price? Preferably in the Irvine or central Glasgow area. Thanks in advance for any help.