E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

My internet has got smaller. Like the writting is smaller pics are smaller. Any soloutions to this as i prefered it the way it was and dont know if i have clicked a button or what.

Cheers in advance

My internet has got smaller. Like the writting is smaller pics are smaller. Any soloutions to this as i prefered it the way it was and dont know if i have clicked a button or what.

Press 'Ctrl' and '+' together until it gets back to the right size

When I play FM my computer performance and estimated game speed is half a star (out of 5). I regularly clean my PC up and run anti-virus once a week so I'm guessing my computer is just getting too old and can't cope rather than there's something actually wrong with it.

I think the only solution is buying a new PC which I don't really want to do, so any help on how to get my computer performance and that up will be greatly appreciated and I'll send you a pint in the post. smile.gif

When I play FM my computer performance and estimated game speed is half a star (out of 5). I regularly clean my PC up and run anti-virus once a week so I'm guessing my computer is just getting too old and can't cope rather than there's something actually wrong with it.

I think the only solution is buying a new PC which I don't really want to do, so any help on how to get my computer performance and that up will be greatly appreciated and I'll send you a pint in the post. smile.gif

Have you ran msconfig and turned of all the background and start up programmes running,Matty. I turned off msn,skype etc and it helped mine run a bit better.

Upgrade the processor, buy more memory and get a better graphics card.

HTH :)

I have just downloaded the new update of Firefox, and while I quite like it, I have a couple of things I don't like.

1) The font on all my websites seems to have changed style. This is particularly true on here, where everything seems to be wider and there are more spaces. I'd like it to display in a similar style to the previous incarnation of Firefox.

2) When I hover my mouse over a link, the name of the site pops up at the bottom. I realise this has replaced the bar at the bottom, but I find it annoying. If I'm honest, I'd quite like the bar back rather than having something popping up every second as I move the mouse around the screen.

Is it possible to fix either of these things?

Edited by craigkillie

I have just downloaded the new update of Firefox, and while I quite like it, I have a couple of things I don't like.

2) When I hover my mouse over a link, the name of the site pops up at the bottom. I realise this has replaced the bar at the bottom, but I find it annoying. If I'm honest, I'd quite like the bar back rather than having something popping up every second as I move the mouse around the screen.

You could try this - Status-4-Ever add-on.

Cheers, that has solved problem 2. Does anyone know how to fix problem 1? Basically I want the text to be displayed in the same way as it was pre-update.

Tools>Options>Content

Then change the font there and see if that does anything, best I can think of.

everything seems to be wider and there are more spaces

Could you elaborate? It's not just that your text zooming has been reset or something? Try hitting Control and + or Control and - to see if that helps.

What's the best (easy and simple) program to use to edit videos?

I've used WLMM, but it doesn't have any sound from files taken from my phone, so I need to try and download something else.

Anyone's laptop hinges ever broken? The right one is knackered and when I try to close it, the back starts to unclip and crack so I stop.

How easy would it be to fix, cause it means that I can't take it out of my house and if I want to move it around my house then I need to carry is with the keyboard bit and the screen at right angles which is annoying and sorta defeats the purpose of having a laptop if it functions as a desktop.

I got a virus from E-set Antivirus Software (ironic I know) on my laptop so I want to uninstall it. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? The only options I have found is to download something which uninstalls it but I can't do that because the virus is preventing me from using the Internet! :angry:

I got a virus from E-set Antivirus Software (ironic I know) on my laptop so I want to uninstall it. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? The only options I have found is to download something which uninstalls it but I can't do that because the virus is preventing me from using the Internet! :angry:

What anti-virus software do you have and chances are it will work in safe mode, so thats probably your best option. Failing that try a system restore as a fairly last resort, since it deletes the files up to a certain point, but its almost garunteed to get rid of whatever you have.