E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Have you never heard of a torrent? :P

Of course using the torrent is purely just for a backup copy of the software... isn't it?

Edit: depending on what forehead7 is intending to do with the resultant ripped file, I use ImgBurn. It'll take either an .ISO or a .BIN of the DVD in your drive and allow you to put that image on other discs. For backup purposes, you understand.

Edited by jay_7

Of course using the torrent is purely just for a backup copy of the software... isn't it?

Edit: depending on what forehead7 is intending to do with the resultant ripped file, I use ImgBurn. It'll take either an .ISO or a .BIN of the DVD in your drive and allow you to put that image on other discs. For backup purposes, you understand.

It is actually for that reason, I'm not using it to sell on or anything. No one's gonna buy fake dvds off an 18 year old anyway when they could knock me out and steal them laugh.gif

I have an iphone and have got an radio app. Will this cost me when out and about to listen to?

If the phone has a built in radio antenna and you're listening to the radio through that, then no.

If you're listening to the radio using an app that connects to the internet to listen to stations, then it will use your data allowance, so depending on the data part of your contract, yes.

I've broken my laptop :(

Dropped it on to the power input socket and can no longer charge the battery. Which is now flat (it only lasted for about 10 mins anyway). The socket has been pushed into the laptop, if that makes sense.

The quick question is, is this fixable? I opened it up before but couldn't get to relevant part.

STOP: c00002180registry file failure.

The registry system cannot load the hive \systemroot\system32\config\SOFTWARE or it's log or alternate. It is corrupt absent or not writable.

CRash dump screen.

Is it terminal?

Your registry is corrupt. It's fixable and not that difficult, but there are a fair few steps. Follow the instructions here and take your time. It'll take you a good hour if it's your first time.

I've broken my laptop :(

Dropped it on to the power input socket and can no longer charge the battery. Which is now flat (it only lasted for about 10 mins anyway). The socket has been pushed into the laptop, if that makes sense.

The quick question is, is this fixable? I opened it up before but couldn't get to relevant part.

I assume it's out of warranty? If you want to have a go of opening it up to push the socket back out, download the service manual for the model in question (you'll either get it off the manufacter's website or off Google) and be prepared to keep track of a lot of screws as you remove components trying to get to the socket. Or you could just take it into Kustom or somewhere in the town to see if they'll have a go.

Anyone ? :(

Go to the top right, click on your user name & select My Settings. Next screen will have various options for what time zone you're in and whether summer time etc. should be corrected.

Edited by German Jag

From the Rockmelt thread:

I seem to have deleted the bookmark's toolbar that's usually below the URL address bar, anyone know how to get it to re-appear?

edit: I got it back, just new tab and then it was on that page for some reason, so I right clicked it and clicked for it to always be showing

Edited by forehead7

Go to the top right, click on your user name & select My Settings. Next screen will have various options for what time zone you're in and whether summer time etc. should be corrected.

You Sir are an absloute gent ! Thanks.

Videos from Iplayer or Youtube aren't biffering quick enough and the video keeps stopping and starting, anyone know how to fix?

Cheers in advance.

Get a faster broadband connection ;)

Short term fix - pause the video and let it load before trying to watch. Works on youtube, but not sure if you can do it on iplayer

Get a faster broadband connection ;)

Short term fix - pause the video and let it load before trying to watch. Works on youtube, but not sure if you can do it on iplayer

It's been fine for aslong as I can remember, it's just the last couple of days, could the weather have any affect?

Cheers anyway mate.