E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Looking for a cheap PC for my nephew. Would this do the trick just for light gaming, YouTube and general browsing

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-FAST-Quad-Core-Gaming-PC-Tower-WIFI-8GB-1TB-HDD-Win-10-2GB-Graphics/253762237784?hash=item3b15687558:g:YtYAAOSwqe1bzbNS
Depends on the games, it's not going to handle much more than very light gaming

• 3 weeks later...

My laptop is five years old and on its last legs. Could really do with something (cheap!) that I’d use purely for essay writing and general web browsing whilst I do my year long masters course.

Would a Chromebook (at around £250) do the job?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience creating an online store where users can sell items also? I can create a store on sites like Wix but they only offer sales whereas I'd like the option for users to sign up and sell things too. I was hoping to use a template like this as opposed to getting a developer, is it possible?

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Having very recent problems with screen freezing and unresponsive when using P&B app.

Phone is iPhone 8+ and it’s up to date OS wise and running really well as usual on everything else.

Cheers in advance.

On 03/11/2019 at 22:36, Div said:

Thanks for reporting.

The App in it's current version is no longer supported by the suppliers, so it won't be bug fixed.

Meantime you  have two alternatives;

1) You can download the free "Tapatalk" app to connect to the forum
2) You can just use the forum through your mobile browser.

We're hoping to have a better App solution coming at some point but it is still some way off I'm afraid.

Think you might just have to live with it, or try one of Divs suggestions

Edited by Mr X

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

My desktop is turning on but no display I plug it in to is getting a picture from it. Any ideas, anyone?

Ed - it seems it's a problem with all peripherals, my mouse isn't lighting up when it turns on either.

Does it display the Bios screen if you press F8, F12 or whatever as soon as you switch it on? No expert in anyway but if so you might be able to pinpoint what's wrong.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Does it display the Bios screen if you press F8, F12 or whatever as soon as you switch it on? No expert in anyway but if so you might be able to pinpoint what's wrong.

It wasn't displaying anything. The hard drive light wasn't coming on either, it was like there was power going to it and the fan was on and that was it.

Now, however, it, er, works. I'm posting on it right now. 

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

It wasn't displaying anything. The hard drive light wasn't coming on either, it was like there was power going to it and the fan was on and that was it.

Now, however, it, er, works. I'm posting on it right now. 

:thumsup2 Sounds like a loose connection somewhere...

My HP Pavillion 15 laptop battery (HP K104) is gubbed. HP want £63 for a replacement but i've seen them on Amazon and elsewhere for £23. Would I be taking a chance buying the cheaper alternative in case it's rubbish or are they all much the same anyway? I actually rarely use it for long periods on battery only but would like to have the option than not.