E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I think this is beyond me :lol:

:lol:

Unfortunately, theres no "idiots" way of rooting most devices.

Its not as complicated as it looks, to be honest. Usually just involves downloading a couple of files and accessing certain areas of the phone. If you follow the instructions closely it should be fine - of course if it isnt then you'll brick the tablet!

Hi. Looking for a wee bit of advice.
I play games online on PS4, mainly FIFA or Call Of Duty. I feel like the reaction times from when I press buttons seems slightly delayed.
I'm currently with VirginMedia using their standard "Superhub 3.0"
Would using something like this make a noticeable difference?
The older Virgin media Superhub2ac Model VMDG490 are alot better for gaming than the 3.0's. Try and pick up a 2nd hand one off eBay would be my suggestion.

Apple TV plus seems like someone turning up at a party with booze when  everyone else is pissed already.

Some good programs but another subscription. Really? I don’t get it. They used to innovate but this looks like a bad move.

• 1 month later...
On 16/03/2019 at 17:49, SweeperDee said:

Is there any reason why that whenever my phone is connected to the WiFi, it directly impacts the speed and stability of my PC’s wired connection? Surely a phone couldn’t hog all the bandwidth?

Had that problem when relatives visited, not with a wired connection though. Phoned Talk Talk and they upgraded the broadband which solved it. It actually saved us money as we went on a more suitable package.

On 28/04/2019 at 15:37, German Jag said:

Mate has an iPhone 10. Somehow he‘s managed to shift the camera settings, that now mean the preview looks like this!IMG_5394.jpg

Anyone able to help as regards how to getting it back to the full screen preview?

Take the leprechaun filter off.

• 1 month later...

It's a bit hard to search exactly what I want on Google so I thought I'd ask here. 

My mate and I play an online game together (Civ) ... however, for reasons I won't bore you with, he doesn't have a headset / microphone, so the only way we can converse is by phoning each other and putting the phone on loudspeaker. 

Obviously, it would be easier if I could route the phone call through my PC so that I can use my PC mic / speakers to speak to him, but still route the call through my mobile. What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It's a bit hard to search exactly what I want on Google so I thought I'd ask here. 

My mate and I play an online game together (Civ) ... however, for reasons I won't bore you with, he doesn't have a headset / microphone, so the only way we can converse is by phoning each other and putting the phone on loudspeaker. 

Obviously, it would be easier if I could route the phone call through my PC so that I can use my PC mic / speakers to speak to him, but still route the call through my mobile. What's the best way of doing this?

Thanks!

Something like this? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stream-audio-over-bluetooth-windows-10

Don't know what type of phone you have, I gave it a go with my iPhone, but it said it was unsupported, so I'm not sure if it will be any use to you.

11 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Something like this? https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stream-audio-over-bluetooth-windows-10

Don't know what type of phone you have, I gave it a go with my iPhone, but it said it was unsupported, so I'm not sure if it will be any use to you.

Cheers fella. That looks just the ticket. I've got a Galaxy S9 but can't see any reason why that shouldn't work. 

Anyone else having problems with Goal Live App? I've been using it for years without a problem but about 2 weeks ago it stopped working. Opens as normal and sometimes shows an annoying ad then the orange circle spins for ever with no matches appearing. It's version 4.2.6 on a Galaxy S7. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

I've somehow managed to delete the Google Play shortcut from my Huawei P10 so currently unable to download any Apps. Anybody know how to fix this?

Should still be in your app drawer. I dont think its physically possible to delete the app :unsure2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone any recommendations for a WiFi booster?

See plenty on sale but I don't trust the bold claims made by these charlatans.

I've got 1 of those sockets installed that sends the WiFi signal through the power cable to the bedroom but it seems shite.