E-Chat Quick Question Thread

forehead7

Samsung Galaxy S5........18 months old. For the past few months when I leave home having been connected to wifi it refuses to connect to 4G signal until I switch off and on then it connects fine. Mrs Boo has the same phone and hers is fine. Checked settings and they seem OK????????? 

Samsung Galaxy S5........18 months old. For the past few months when I leave home having been connected to wifi it refuses to connect to 4G signal until I switch off and on then it connects fine. Mrs Boo has the same phone and hers is fine. Checked settings and they seem OK?????????

Check for updates or reset to factory for that

I think a factory reset would be even more hassle...

Thats a lot of pain but it should sort the issue.

Have you check the mobile data settings?

It's either on or off. I've checked Google and reset APN to default....no change.

Tried mobile settings network mofe and turning off 4g and then turning back on?

Noticed Mrs Boo had data roaming checked so done that and seems to have done the trick.

Thats slightly odd but least it works

Thought it worked bit just the same as always....cheers anyway.

If its still not working try this

Turn it off.

Hold vol up, home and power when it starts until the android appears. Choose the option to clear cache. And then load it.

It might clear it, it might not but its not as drastic as factory reset

If its still not working try this

Turn it off.

Hold vol up, home and power when it starts until the android appears. Choose the option to clear cache. And then load it.

It might clear it, it might not but its not as drastic as factory reset

Like other recommdations it worked for a short while then didn't. Thanks again anyway.

So, I got a new laptop, right. It's about a week old and as far as I'm aware is of a semi-decent capacity but it literally stutters and runs slow with even a few browser windows open. Right now I've got a song playing on Youtube, Twitter open and PnB (obviously) and it's as if the laptop is 5 years old. If i use the mousepad to scroll down twitter it like jumps pages at a time and is very slow to respond and generally just shite.

It's an HP.

Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics    2.2Ghz

RAM: 8GB (6.94GB Usable)

System Type: 64bit Operating System, x64-based-processor

2TB Storage capacity.

Windows 10.

It's unusable on Google Chrome which is my usual browser, is ever so slightly better on Firefox which I'm on just now and I'm just after uninstalling McAfee to see if that makes a difference but other than that I'm out of ideas? It was bought as a surprise gift so I'm not really in the position to take it back... Anyone any ideas? Much appreciated if so.

So, I got a new laptop, right. It's about a week old and as far as I'm aware is of a semi-decent capacity but it literally stutters and runs slow with even a few browser windows open. Right now I've got a song playing on Youtube, Twitter open and PnB (obviously) and it's as if the laptop is 5 years old. If i use the mousepad to scroll down twitter it like jumps pages at a time and is very slow to respond and generally just shite.

It's an HP.

Processor: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics    2.2Ghz

RAM: 8GB (6.94GB Usable)

System Type: 64bit Operating System, x64-based-processor

2TB Storage capacity.

Windows 10.

It's unusable on Google Chrome which is my usual browser, is ever so slightly better on Firefox which I'm on just now and I'm just after uninstalling McAfee to see if that makes a difference but other than that I'm out of ideas? It was bought as a surprise gift so I'm not really in the position to take it back... Anyone any ideas? Much appreciated if so.

Could be drivers. Have you got proper AMD drivers installed?

So RX480 has a power issue, avoid like the plague until that is resolved. Been cases of the new card killing PCIE slots on motherboard , not many but a few to give concern. 

GTX1060 looks interesting, cut down to about 50% of a 1080 and looks like it will beat a RX480 for roughty the same price. 

Too many cards being released in too short a period to actually give a proper analysis on them :( 1070 would be the sweet spot in performance but the current £400+ prices are just too steep for me :( 

So RX480 has a power issue, avoid like the plague until that is resolved. Been cases of the new card killing PCIE slots on motherboard , not many but a few to give concern. 

GTX1060 looks interesting, cut down to about 50% of a 1080 and looks like it will beat a RX480 for roughty the same price. 

Too many cards being released in too short a period to actually give a proper analysis on them :( 1070 would be the sweet spot in performance but the current £400+ prices are just too steep for me :(

The article I read said theres been no cases of the RX480 frying mbs. Seems the issue happens when its running under load, either OCd or running really high resolutions. Most seem to be saying its not a huge cause for concern, plus it will be fixed with a driver update.

Im still dithering. I almost bought one yesterday. I still have the ebuyer tab open on my browser tempting me  :lol:

ETA - it also seems that its only the base reference cards that are affected as they dont have a seperate connector power (the ref cards draw power only from the PCIe slot). The custom cards, like this, should be fine. Although there seems to be question marks over the stated capacity for overclocking.

Edited by Mr X