AFC Wimbledon....

KingfaetheSooth

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Ebbsfleet, is that not the big fan owned football club? Whatever happened with them in the end?

The non-league football show (which is yet another reason the BBC is excellent) had a special on it recently. In short: there's a big difference between being owned by fans who go to games every week, and "fans" who thought investing in a football club over the Internet was a cool idea in principle.

Oddly I can see the Barrow ogres turning AFCW over this weekend.

:unsure:

Pretty much spot-on. Barrow are a tough team to beat on their own patch and deserved the win.

I read an excellent blog post about FCUM which said that their fans were literally sitting on haybales around the pitch in their inaugural game. Shows what can be accomplished with a proper pyramid.

You might possibly be getting mixed up with AFCW who's first competitive game was away to Sandhurst Town in the Combined Counties League where the home club brought in a load of hay bales. :D

Hi all, Luton fan in peace, just had a read through the thread, its great to see so many AFC Wimbledon fans/followers, I too was disgusted back by the whole move, Ive only seen AFC Dons play once, back in 2004 away to Dunstable in the FA cup winning 3-0, best bit was a 30 ft sliding tackle by a male streaker on the linesman, knocked him clean off his feet haha! ive followed their progress and have to say they are doing great this season, keep it up, I really hope you win the play offs (did I hear they are not at Wembley this year?)

Ive seen the fakes once too, Luton beat them 1-0, and Luton fans even sang AFC WIMBLEDON throughout the gamebiggrin.gif, I boycotted the away game, Winkleman is not getting none of my money! Im glad to say Luton won that 4-1.

I love the Hells Bells picture, shes great aint she, even for a Torquay fan lol

I have to say well done to Steveange , whats a shame for the frenzied masses at MK.

Really happy to hear Winklemans money is also drying up! stopping subsidiced rail fares, he'll stop handing out free tickets to school kids soon.

NO TO FRANCHISE.

Cheers for that. Many AFCW fans (myself included) want to see Luton promoted too - hopefully alongside AFCW!

Speaking of Ebbsfleet, is that not the big fan owned football club? Whatever happened with them in the end?

The number of members of myfootballclub has dwindled to around 3000 I believe. Got to say thatEbbsfleet played very well over the two games and can consider themselves very unlucky - anyway, bring on Stevenage live on ITV! :D

Luton are getting their act together now and will hopefully be back in their rightfull place next season,fucking travesty what happend to us

Agreed. Luton look like the team to beat - I still think Crawley and their odious manager will fall short of them.

AFC Wimbledon beat Kettering 3-2 yesterday to go back top - I think it will be short-lived though! ;)

another Kennilworth regular here when I'm not on the easyjet back north, congratulations to AFC although of course the twisted side of me was looking forward to the MK game that could have been. Only because its nice to see someone else suffer for a change. And 90% of the neutral interest was based on that, hehe. Chavenage ruined a good one there.

Thought Ebbsfleet played a nice attacking style when I saw them too, guess they just have an unfortunate habit of conceding more than they score more often than not. They damn well done us at home last season though.

• 5 months later...

Well I was swithering about taking the car, if there's someone else interested in going that would probably swing it for me.

I wouldn't mind Wimbledon going up, would be a great story.

I wouldn't mind Fleetwood going up, as Alan Wright plays for them.

I wouldn't mind Wrexham going up, as Dean Saunders manages them.

I don't want horrible hooligan plastic-pitch away-fan ban wankers Luton going up.

Luton will be promoted then.

I want Wimbledon or Fleetwood to go up.

Wimbledon for the obvious reason that they have put a lot of hard work into restarting their club, and they deserve a shot at league football again.

Fleetwood because I have a good game with them on Football Manager 2010 where striking sensation Jamie Mole has taken me from the Conference North into League 1.

The Fleetwood/Wimbledon game's live on Premier Sports (Sky 433) right now... I think this is normally a subscription channel but looks like it's airing for nowt tonight.

EDIT: It's just gone encrypted. So no free football, oh well.

The Fleetwood/Wimbledon game's live on Premier Sports (Sky 433) right now... I think this is normally a subscription channel but looks like it's airing for nowt tonight.

EDIT: It's just gone encrypted. So no free football, oh well.

Wimbledon won 2-0.Superb

It was a great performance by Wimbledon, but as the cliche says it's only half time. About 600 Dons there and the Fleetwood mob were very welcoming, and a nice wee set-up they have as well.

Fingers crossed I have a reason to go to Manchester on 21st May :D

So who is heading down for the Final? £40 a ticket, complete rip off :(

Agree.Total rip off. Dress it up any way you want but it's still a non league game. Total minimum adult cost - £41.25

Ticket - £36

Booking fee - £3

First class post - £2.25

I'm down here already and was thinking of going but no way now. Stuff 'em.

So who is heading down for the Final? £40 a ticket, complete rip off :(

Me! :D

Agree about the ticket prices - what a rip-off. :angry: We've only sold about 5K so far and Luton 9K.

One game away from AFC Wimbledon getting into the Football League - we've come a long way in under 9 years! 8)

Archived