Fallout New Vegas

the_russian

Just got mine a few hours ago, decided to play on hardcore unsure.gif

that where your ammo contributes to your weight and you can suffer from dehydration?

Im almost maxed out on Fallout 3 even with the DLC maybe consider this later

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is everyone getting on with this? I'm loving it, I've played about 7 hours and mainly done what I've typed in the spoiler as well as exploring the wastelands and killing many a beast.

I started off going to meet a burd who would help me survive so I went with her and killed a few geckos, I then done a wee mission for her and was on my way. I got to an old run down theme park and on one side were the good guys and on the other side were the bads chaps, I went and spoke to the leader of the good guys who gave me a few missions so I completed them. I then went to a town called Novec via another town called Nipton if I can remember correctly and there was a guy there who asked me to clear this factory out of ghouls and he would give me info about who attacked me. I went to this place called the REPCONN Facility, this place is just full of ghouls, I killed them all and then spoke to the leader of the ghouls, he told me to kill this big beast that is in the basement so I'm currently trying to kill that then I think they will leave the plant and that mission will be completed, the big beast I'm trying to kill is quite hard tho. I've mainly been upgrading my repair and gun perks, they are both almost at 40 so I'll move onto another 2 next, lockpick and something else I think. While I was clearing out the old theme park I killed a guy who had a big dirty badboy flame thrower, I ended up using it that much that it now needs repaired sad.gif , it was class seeeing guys running about on fire. Anyone else went the same route as me yet?

I never played it on hardcore mode as I could not be bothered having to find a doctor when my limbs are gubbed so just went for very hard, I have noticed that the wastelands are full of more goblins, ghouls and raiders than there was with Fallout 3, it's class!.

I got my first 2 bugs when playing it over the weekend, one of them I zoomed in to shoot a guy in the leg but it stalled on me and the 2nd one there was a glow ghoul running after me and the bottom half of his body was stuck in the ground so I just went over and started shooting his head until it blasted off haha, it was a great bit of luck actually as yer glow ghouls are a nightmare to kill when your just starting out.

I've also encountered my first Deathclaw in this new game, I laid down 2 land mines as he ran at me but it's fair to say he ran right through them and ripped me in half sad.gif.

I've not done many of the missions yet mainly just being hunting out the different locations. I've manged to make it to the New Vegas strip at level 7 or 8. Went North up past Goodsprings there is another route you can take which is full of deathclaws which will tear you a new one. There is also a location which is full with ghouls looks like they have increased the number of enemies they can have on screen as there was anywhere from 15 to 20 chasing after us.

The game you can play Caravan is a very easy way to make money since figuring out how to play the bloody game I havent lost a game.

Been playing it on hardcore it doesnt make too much difference so far. You can get doctor bags to heal broken limbs so dont always have return to a doc. As long as you raid the various fridges lying about food and water arent too much an issue. The fact bullets carry weight hasnt caused us any problems yet although I have been using very light armour and weapons.

Never played any "Fallout" game before but they seem to get rave reviews on here. Should I buy this ?

depends what kind of games you like mate, tho its technically a first person shooter (tho in 3 you could change to 3rd person) its also an RPG with the levelling up aspect. Unlike other games if you run out of ammo your normally fooked until you find some more and your weapons wear and gradually break so you need to keep repairing them

Its a good game but one you would need to invest a fair bit of time playing firstly to get into and then as you get stuck in the loop of "well im not far from levelling up, il just do this mission etc"

Pretty much what PC said. A number of people dont like it as it can be quite slow. There's a few folk on here that didnt like at first but changed their mind once they invested a bit of time in it. I've clocked up about 10 hours already and have done only a few missions so far. You can pretty much go where you want whenever you want.

Here is what i have done so far.......

I set out and did all the goodsprings stuff then went to primm.

While there I saved the town and the deputy asked me to go get a sherrif. i chose the guy from the jail, so i went up there and he evenually argeed as long as i could get him a full pardon.

i went up to the big statue place ( can't mind what it is callled) and I got him the pardon and did the job up there for the ranger. clear the critters out. ghost wanted me to check on nipton so i did and there was the Roman guys there.

that and a bit of wandering then.

Also

when saving goodsprings from the baddies, during the fight i accidently hit the dog thing once. it was ok during the fight but after when i went into the saloon. it bit me then everycunt shot at me. i had to run away , are the town going to accept me eventually?

it says i'm Idolized but they shoot at me the chunts

anyone else choose the random encounter perk?

or find indiana jones just south of goodsrpings ?

its a corpse in a fridge wearing a fedora!!

from Crystal Skulls. made me lol

Anyone tried the 'No Gods, No Masters' quest? b*****d of a mission.

Basically, I've had the big war at Hoover Dam but now I have to go and take out the rest of Caesar's legion at his own area. I've ran out of decent guns and all the dead bodies lying about contain weapons that have no affect against Caesar's Legion ie. super sledge. Heavy incinerator can take out the first one but after fighting him another two come along and batter you over the head with a 'Ballistic Fist'. I've put it down to easy for this and even tried to get out to get more weapons but doors are now inaccessible.

Edit: eventually got past these but now 'Legate Lanius' is attacking me, which is twice as hard :angry:. How do I beat Lanius?

Done the missions at the Repcon and the Hellios 1 facilities on Friday, both are good missions. The Nightkin felly's are freaky with there StealthBoy antics.

Was heading to Boulder to find the attackers but got distracted.

Anyone got Boone the Dino Sniper as a companion?

It was fucking hilarious when I switched on the Hellios thing and all the NCR people died!

who?

Star Wars VI a new hope.

lukes aunt and uncle who get crispified at the start. their house gets torched looking for r2d2 and c3po.

it pops up on the screen with the pipboy character and a ....

Archived