Loco's For The League

Guest Tarvie

Guest Guinness_Alan
Shame I will be in Edinburgh to see the rugby at the weekend as this game will surely be a title decider :D

The Scotland game's on Sunday. Surely you could go to the footie on Saturday and then the egg-chasing on Sunday. :unsure:

Im surprised Rothes are doing so badly, they really didnt look too bad at Grant Street earlier in the season and I thought they would pick up a few more wins.

We've been unlucky this season! If we win the games in hand we could shoot up the league to 4th bottom! :ph34r:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BANG CRASH WALLOP! Loco's bottle crashes in style and Huntly's 100% record at harlaw Park continues.

I would imagine its solely between Broch and Deveronvale now to stop Huntly, but it is looking very unlikely that anyone else will win the championship. Huntly have been nothing short of superb this season.

The surprise of day was Wick Academy beating Buckie Thistle 2-0 away at the fake Victoria Park. In the last month there very young team have beaten both Clach and Buckie and surely will improve greatly next season.

An amazing result for Forres when they stunned Nairn County 5-0 in Nairn. A return of County legend Gordie Connolly to the centre of the Forres midfield has buoyed them considerably. Stevie MacLean again helping keep a clean sheet which is all good for my Eleven from Heaven Fantasy Football team. Les Fridge was still in good spirits last night when i was talking to him, bought me a drink for my birthday too!

A Kenny Gilbert inspired Vale secured a 6-3 win at Dudgeon Park over Brora to keep up their title hopes. Elsewhere Keith secured an easy 4-0 win over Lossiemouth.

Locos 1 Huntly 3

Buckie 0 Wick Academy 2

Lossiemouth 0 Keith 4

Nairn 0 Forres 5

Brora 3 Deveronvale 6

The Table:

Broch 23 9 1 1 8 0 4 64 29 +35 52

Locos 23 7 2 1 9 0 4 60 21 +39 50

Huntly 19 6 0 1 9 2 1 55 24 +31 47

Vale 20 9 1 2 5 0 3 55 31 +24 43

Buckie 22 7 1 4 7 0 3 43 22 +21 43

Clach 21 6 2 3 6 0 4 51 29 +22 38

Forres 22 4 3 4 5 1 5 42 39 +3 31

Guest Tarvie
The Scotland game's on Sunday. Surely you could go to the footie on Saturday and then the egg-chasing on Sunday. :unsure:

I went down on Sat morning so that we could have a session on Sat night :D;)

Poor Tarvie  Its Huntly's title to lose now.

Nevermind still Loco's best season in the league. Was speaking to a Keith player today who admits that Loco's are going to be one of the teams that everyone will have to keep an eye on ;)

Maybe with a different manager however :o

Guest Guinness_Alan

19 03 2005

Clachnacuddin FC v Lossiemouth FC

Deveronvale FC v Nairn County FC

Forres Mechanics FC v Buckie Thistle FC

Fort William FC v Fraserburgh FC

Huntly FC v Brora Rangers FC

Inverurie Loco Works FC v Rothes FC

Keith FC v Cove Rangers FC

Is this another nail in the coffin for the Loco's title challenge? :P;):ph34r:

Guest Guinness_Alan

Has Tarvie stopped posting now coz the Locos aren't going to win the league? :unsure:

Inverurie have had a good season, but i think Huntly have more or less won it now. Last night's result put them level at the top with 3 games in hand. If they manage to scrape a win at Rothes on Saturday :ph34r: they will be top, and IMO uncatchable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tarvie
Has Tarvie stopped posting now coz the Locos aren't going to win the league? :unsure:

Inverurie have had a good season, but i think Huntly have more or less won it now. Last night's result put them level at the top with 3 games in hand. If they manage to scrape a win at Rothes on Saturday :ph34r:  they will be top, and IMO uncatchable.

439783[/snapback]

Cheeky bassa ;) My posting decline has nothing to do with Loco's or football in general, its more due to the fact I have been on holiday and now that I am back I am in training :P

Loco's have had an excellent season and they will surely build on it for next season. Huntly can only shoot them selves in the foot (cant see it) and Fraserburgh should realistically tie up second place.

Biggest shock of the season has to be Wick actually winning 3 games :lol:

Guest Guinness_Alan
Biggest shock of the season has to be Wick actually winning 3 games :lol:

450322[/snapback]

:lol:

I know people who would kill to get 3 wins this season! :ph34r:

Guest Tarvie

Loco's V Huntly tomorrow and it looks like I will be there :D

A nice win would help for the second place spot :P

Guest Tarvie

Have to say that this is the biggest topic ever for Highland League on PnB :D

Shows there is a bit of life out there after all ;)

PS Locos for the League next season :P

Loco's V Huntly tomorrow and it looks like I will be there :D

A nice win would help for the second place spot :P

459469[/snapback]

Oops have forgotten to update this recently. Me bad.

Tarvie your win yesterday would not have helped you at all with Second Place as it was the Fosters Highland League Cup. A good 2-0 win for the Locos securing their first ever home win against Huntly I believe.

The other games in the League Cup were as follows:

Clach 2 Buckie Thistle 5

Cove Rangers 8 Fort William 3 (aet)

Fraserburgh 0 Devernovale 2

Highland LEague:

Keith 2 Wick Academy 1

Lossiemouth 0 Nairn County 1

Rothes 3 Brora Rangers 0

Table:

Locos 25 8 2 1 10 0 4 70 22 +48 56

Huntly 22 8 0 1 10 2 1 65 24 +41 56

Broch 24 10 1 1 8 0 4 67 29 +38 55

Vale 23 10 1 2 5 0 5 60 36 +24 46

Clach 24 8 2 3 6 1 4 58 29 +29 45

Buckie 24 7 1 5 7 1 3 43 23 +20 44

Cove 22 6 1 4 5 2 4 44 39 +5 36

Nairn 25 8 0 6 3 3 5 53 50 +3 36

Forres 25 4 5 4 5 2 5 43 40 +3 34

Shows your ignorance if you think its a surprise Wick won three times this season. The biggest surprise for me is Fort William's good season this year. A much improved performances from them this season. And in the handicap betting at the start of teh season I sunk a cool 20 quid on them to come out tops and it looks like that is very likely.

Guest Tarvie
Oops have forgotten to update this recently.  Me bad.

Tarvie your win yesterday would not have helped you at all with Second Place as it was the Fosters Highland League Cup.  A good 2-0 win for the Locos securing their first ever home win against Huntly I believe.

Shows your ignorance if you think its a surprise Wick won three times this season.  The biggest surprise for me is Fort William's good season this year.  A much improved performances from them this season.  And in the handicap betting at the start of teh season I sunk a cool 20 quid on them to come out tops and it looks like that is very likely.

461769[/snapback]

Initial point was realised at the game, and I believe that yes it is the first home win over them.

On your second point, yes I am ignorant to Highland league as I have only been really paying attention to what is happening for the past 12 months. However ignorant or not I am taking the game to my heart and trying to learn more about it and the history. The fact that I have found out the amount that I have shows I do have an interest.

As for the Wick comment in one of my posts this comes from my mate who hails from Wick and thinks this is the best they have done with a team that he personally didnt think would get a point.

Is that ok?

Guest Guinness_Alan

Carlos, Tarvie, if you want to talk about surprises how about the mighty Speysiders 2 wins in a row? :o B) :thumsup2:guinness

Surely they must be in with a chance of making it 3 at Wick on Saturday. :unsure:

Cove Rangers 2 Deveronvale 2

Huntly 3 Nairn County 0

Rothes 2 Clachnacuddin 1

A great result for Rothes with a stunning win over the struggling Clach. Going on form the Rothes Vs Wick game on Saturday should be a cracker. I wouldnt bet against Rothe smaking it three wins in a row.

A good win for Huntly last night moving three points clear at the top it can only be thrown away now, and I dont think it will.

Just for Guiness_Alan the whole table:

Huntly 23 9 0 1 10 2 1 68 24 +44 59

Locos 25 8 2 1 10 0 4 70 22 +48 56

Broch 24 10 1 1 8 0 4 67 29 +38 55

Vale 24 10 1 2 5 1 5 62 38 +24 47

Clach 25 8 2 3 6 1 5 59 31 +28 45

Buckie 24 7 1 5 7 1 3 43 23 +20 44

Cove 23 6 2 4 5 2 4 46 41 +5 37

Nairn 26 8 0 6 3 3 6 53 53 0 36

Forres 25 4 5 4 5 2 5 43 40 +3 34

Keith 21 5 1 4 4 2 5 42 39 +3 30

Lossie 23 6 0 8 3 0 6 45 64 -19 27

Fort Will 20 3 0 5 2 1 9 21 58 -37 16

Brora 26 0 2 10 2 2 10 24 92 -68 10

Wick 23 2 0 10 1 0 10 22 65 -43 9

Rothes 21 2 0 8 1 0 11 17 63 -46 9

Also there is quite a controversy stirring in the Highland League as Nairn county have tried to poach two of Clach's brightest stars. Psycho has spoken out against the underhand methods of the players, but has taken his own positive action. By looking to sign two of Nairn's main transfer targets for next season. As Im in the know I cant really say anything, but its quite a funny wee spat.

P.S Tarvie lighten up I was taking the piss, I know your are relatively new to the HL scene and I know if I say that you get hung up on it. I have already done it to you already! Any digs I ever have is just a slight wind up, the best you can do is ignore my wee digs as the more you are rattled by them the more I use them. Still the last St Johnstone fan that took exception threw his toys miles away from the poram and called me a c**t! Its all good.

Saturday's Fixtures:

Brora Rangers v Lossiemouth

Cove Rangers v Nairn County

Forres Mechanics v Huntly

Fort William v Deveronvale

Inverurie Loco Works v Buckie Thistle

Keith v Clachnacuddin

Wick Academy v Rothes

Guest Wheezy

I suppose Clach are going to blame this seasons relative failure on MacLeod and Polworth's breaks but they havent been nearly as consistent as last season. Nor have they had the luck ive heard.

Guest Tarvie
P.S Tarvie lighten up I was taking the piss, I know your are relatively new to the HL scene and I know if I say that you get hung up on it.  I have already done it to you already!  Any digs I ever have is just a slight wind up, the best you can do is ignore my wee digs as the more you are rattled by them the more I use them.  Still the last St Johnstone fan that took exception threw his toys miles away from the poram and called me a c**t!  Its all good.

468993[/snapback]

Not to worry you cock munching turd sucker :P Was tired that night and normally dont fall for it

Loco's will still piss all over everyone next season ;)

Archived