Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

I know someone who, at the age of 18, is afraid of mannequins. Christ only knows why. Supposedly the ones with no 'face' are ok, but as soon as they have eyes etc and begin to look that little bit more realistic, she goes off her nut and has to leave the place.

Yeah, girls are strange. One of my female friends is afraid of ketchup.

On the flip side, my sister loves it. Eats it with pretty much anything including just toast/rolls rip.gif

My sister in law has it with her Sunday roast and macaroni cheese. I'm telling you, there's some weird, fucked up people around.

I remember a while ago I was talking to a friend (bare in mind I've been good friends with her for well over a year). The conversation went a bit like this:

Girl: Are you coming to ours for a drink on Saturday?

Me: Yeah, I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday but I'm coming back

Girl: Cool, what you doing in Edinburgh?

Me: Nothing too exciting, just going to the Hibs game

Girl: Cool, so I guess you're good at football

Me: What?

Girl: To play for Hibs, I guess you're quite good at football

Me: I don't play for Hibs

Girl: Oh, I thought you did for some reason

Me: :huh:

Edit to add: My own mother thought Cork was directly west of France. She's Irish herself.

Edited by Guest

Girl: Are you coming to ours for a drink on Saturday?

Me: Yeah, I'll be in Edinburgh on Saturday but I'm coming back

Girl: Cool, what you doing in Edinburgh?

Me: Nothing too exciting, just going to the Hibs game

Girl: Cool, so I guess you're good at football

Me: What?

Girl: To play for Hibs, I guess you're quite good at football

Me: I don't play for Hibs

Girl: Oh, I thought you did for some reason

Me: :huh:

It's unbelievable the number of girls who've actually thought I've been going away to play for East Fife at weekends. Fair enough most of them have probably never heard of East Fife and could well be some pub league team for all they know.

(Obvious joke in there somewhere)

My father was once giving me and my sister a quiz to keep us entertained on a long car journey when I was around 15.

He asked her to name the capital of somewhere, I think it was Spain or Portugal, and she said Denmark. The worst thing is, she had just done a fairly large European project at school with her country of choice being.....Denmark.

My sister in law has it with her Sunday roast and macaroni cheese. I'm telling you, there's some weird, fucked up people around.

I am one of those fucked up people cool.gif I always have tomato sauce with Sunday roast, especially if it's chicken. Also have it on macaroni cheese.

It's unbelievable the number of girls who've actually thought I've been going away to play for East Fife at weekends. Fair enough most of them have probably never heard of East Fife and could well be some pub league team for all they know.

(Obvious joke in there somewhere)

A girl once asked me how often I go to watch Hib.

Convinced my burd (who is German) that birds of prey were banned from the skies above North Lanarkshire.

Made up some pish about there being a radar beacon that detects when they come into the airspace and then sends out a signal which forces them to leave the area.

My dad told me when he was young that he was in a house with friends and they were supposed to not answer the door as they wanted to make it look like no one was in the house. Someone comes to the door and knocks and my dads friend shouts "There's no one in".

:rolleyes:

My dad told me when he was young that he was in a house with friends and they were supposed to not answer the door as they wanted to make it look like no one was in the house. Someone comes to the door and knocks and my dads friend shouts "There's no one in".

:rolleyes:

:lol: I remember my dad telling a similar story about when he was young and my nan was avoiding the rent man. He answered the door saying "My mum says she's not in".