Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

• 4 weeks later...

Was in an Irish pub in NZ just there and someone was asking about how common Irish pubs are in Scotland. I pondered whether there was more pubs in Ireland or Irish pubs abroad. My friend misunderstands the question and thinks I'm asking if Ireland has more or less than 50% of the worlds total pubs, and after some thinking declares that there's probably more pubs outwith Ireland.

YOU THINK SO AYE?

Edited by Guest

Was in an Irish pub in NZ just there and someone was asking about how common Irish pubs are in Scotland. I pondered whether there was more pubs in Ireland or Irish pubs abroad. My friend misunderstands the question and thinks I'm asking if Ireland has more or less than 50% of the worlds total pubs, and after some thinking declares that there's probably more pubs outwith Ireland.

YOU THINK SO AYE?

It's got to be close, to be fair to him. Add ours to the total and you might have a winner :thumsup2

It's got to be close, to be fair to him. Add ours to the total and you might have a winner :thumsup2

Her.

A man would never have such a poor grasp of logic.

Overheard two female colleagues talking today. One is going through 'problems' with her on/off lad and has been advised to demand screenshots of his inbox every so often.

f**k sake. What's the point of that? If you were her you'd just be paranoid all the time. Nothing is worth that hassle and the stress it would cause. I'd imagine you'd always be suspicious and every little thing would have you wondering. What a waste of time. Either commit and trust the guy or tell him to f**k off. Stop being a c**t and demanding nonsense like seeing screenshots of his inbox.

Update on the lassie mentioned above. Every single day since then I (and anyone else unlucky enough to be within earshot) have heard her bleat on and on about it. She actually appears to be mentally unstable as she has managed to hack his Facebook, emails and phone and so is reading everything everything he sends and receives. She managed to get a list of phone calls he made and spends ages pouring over what might have been said at 11.23pm etc. She is on her phone all day at work obsessing over this. This often results in multiple teary breakdowns most days.

She is coming with utter buillshit about how she is '10 steps ahead of him' because she can read all his messages on his phone and his Facebook, yet the guy is just getting on with his life whilst she maniacally pours over every little detail of the guy's life. She decided the other day that it was over for good and proudly crowed about it, yet still agonises over every single message the guy sends. He clearly is unaware she has managed to get his passwords and doesn't know she is spying on him like a fucking psycho. Of course all the females are rallying around her and saying she is right. No one, and I have to include myself in this, has the balls to tell her to shut the f**k up and point out just how crazy she is acting and how what she is doing is so utterly wrong. She is ill and has talked about having to take sleeping pills and not eating properly (she has noticeably lost weight) but it's all self inflicted. She just can't keep off her phone spying on this guy. She thinks she's being so smart and getting one over on him (even declaring this out loud), yet she's utterly obsessed over the issue and is acting so appallingly unhinged. I actually fear for her a bit.

Obviously I feel sorry for her. From talking to a colleague, the guy wasn't actually pumping another bird, just talking to her a lot and spending time with her. I think they are pumping now, but only after the bird at my work said it was over. I think the guy was having doubts about his relationship and was considering pumping the other bird, and may have technically 'cheated' on the work bird, and of course that's poor chat, but there is no excuse for her behaviour. I do feel sorry for her to a point, as break ups are bad and they've been together a number of years, but she is just acting so utterly mental and hurting herself every day mentally over it. I'm a bit angry with the female colleagues at work encouraging her and not telling her straight to stop it as well. Even now I look over at her and she's on her phone, thinking she's being so clever snooping on this guy. It's consumed her life to the point that it is her life. She scoffs over messages he sends and gets, predictably calling the other lassie a hoor etc, yet it seems he is trying to get on with his life whilst she crumbles.

She just needs to cut all contact with him and move on. If she keeps up what she's doing, she's really going to make herself ill and I actually think she might harm herself or do something stupid that ends up hurting her.

Update on the lassie mentioned above. Every single day since then I (and anyone else unlucky enough to be within earshot) have heard her bleat on and on about it. She actually appears to be mentally unstable as she has managed to hack his Facebook, emails and phone and so is reading everything everything he sends and receives. She managed to get a list of phone calls he made and spends ages pouring over what might have been said at 11.23pm etc. She is on her phone all day at work obsessing over this. This often results in multiple teary breakdowns most days.

She is coming with utter buillshit about how she is '10 steps ahead of him' because she can read all his messages on his phone and his Facebook, yet the guy is just getting on with his life whilst she maniacally pours over every little detail of the guy's life. She decided the other day that it was over for good and proudly crowed about it, yet still agonises over every single message the guy sends. He clearly is unaware she has managed to get his passwords and doesn't know she is spying on him like a fucking psycho. Of course all the females are rallying around her and saying she is right. No one, and I have to include myself in this, has the balls to tell her to shut the f**k up and point out just how crazy she is acting and how what she is doing is so utterly wrong. She is ill and has talked about having to take sleeping pills and not eating properly (she has noticeably lost weight) but it's all self inflicted. She just can't keep off her phone spying on this guy. She thinks she's being so smart and getting one over on him (even declaring this out loud), yet she's utterly obsessed over the issue and is acting so appallingly unhinged. I actually fear for her a bit.

Obviously I feel sorry for her. From talking to a colleague, the guy wasn't actually pumping another bird, just talking to her a lot and spending time with her. I think they are pumping now, but only after the bird at my work said it was over. I think the guy was having doubts about his relationship and was considering pumping the other bird, and may have technically 'cheated' on the work bird, and of course that's poor chat, but there is no excuse for her behaviour. I do feel sorry for her to a point, as break ups are bad and they've been together a number of years, but she is just acting so utterly mental and hurting herself every day mentally over it. I'm a bit angry with the female colleagues at work encouraging her and not telling her straight to stop it as well. Even now I look over at her and she's on her phone, thinking she's being so clever snooping on this guy. It's consumed her life to the point that it is her life. She scoffs over messages he sends and gets, predictably calling the other lassie a hoor etc, yet it seems he is trying to get on with his life whilst she crumbles.

She just needs to cut all contact with him and move on. If she keeps up what she's doing, she's really going to make herself ill and I actually think she might harm herself or do something stupid that ends up hurting her.

Shouldn't someone tell the boyfriend that this (illegal) spying is going on? Or does nobody know him?

Someone from your office should email him this. She'll obviously read the email and you will have #scenes which you can then tell us about.

Hope that doesn't make me a bad person :)

Shouldn't someone tell the boyfriend that this (illegal) spying is going on? Or does nobody know him?

Someone from your office should email him this. She'll obviously read the email and you will have #scenes which you can then tell us about.

Hope that doesn't make me a bad person :)

No one knows him. If I did have his email address I'd be sorely tempted, but alas, I do not.

DA, you know what you have to do.

Kick, pie, in, her, the.

Rearrange.

I would, but I want to get a good reference when I leave here (soon seemingly). 'Kicked a colleague in the pie' won't cut the mustard with most employers, unless I'm applying for a pie kicking role, but so far I've yet to see one be advertised.

I would, but I want to get a good reference when I leave here (soon seemingly). 'Kicked a colleague in the pie' won't cut the mustard with most employers, unless I'm applying for a pie kicking role, but so far I've yet to see one be advertised.

Kicked a mentally unstable nutter in the pie and saved an innocent bloke from waking up to find his household pet in the pressure cooker.