Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

My then wife and I went with her mum and dad to see Flash at the cinema.

On leaving the cinema, my mother in law,(recalling the scene where Ming the Merciless is impaled by the spaceship), says, "it was a wee bit far fetched, the green blood and everything"

Rolling eyes all round.

A girl who i used to work with just posted this on facebook

'rip all those who died ten years today at 9/11!'......

Yeah my gf thought it was today too.

This was after we were driving to work listening to the golden hour on radio1. After the first 3 songs she pipes up "That's funny, these songs are all from the same era!". She's a depute head teacher. I worry about the future.

My wife ordered a frame for the wee boys room, for one his posters. When it arrived, it was clearly too small. Sh had got her inches and centimetres mixed up. That's bad enough, but when I asked her if it said anything else, she said

"aye it said A4, but I thought that was the name of the frame".

A girl who i used to work with just posted this on facebook

'rip all those who died ten years today at 9/11!'......

Yeah my gf thought it was today too.

This was after we were driving to work listening to the golden hour on radio1. After the first 3 songs she pipes up "That's funny, these songs are all from the same era!". She's a depute head teacher. I worry about the future.

Yip, mine too. Lying in bed this morning as she brings me my coffee (Well trained. Stupid, but well trained):

Her: I can remember where I was ten years ago to the day.

Me: :huh: Why?

Her: Because of 9/11!

Me: *Hits snooze and goes under the covers for five more minutes kip*

Mrs Guttenberg has had some belters.

She thought the lead singer of the Rolling Stones was "McJagger" (she thought he just went by his surname or it was a nickname a la Bono & Sting).

On a recent trip to Vegas we were walking along the strip admiring the hotels...

Me: Oh Look, Monte Carlo.

Mrs Guttenberg: Monte Carlo.... Is he a golfer?

Finally, I'll never forget the look of shear amazement in her eyes when I told her that we were underneath water when driving through the Clyde Tunnel. The conversation was started when she said "For some reason my ears always pop every time we drive through here..."

Edited by Guttenberg

In Troon for a few days break this week. There are trees in Troon, a whole street of them, that grow at about a 45° angle to the ground or even less due clearly to the prevailing wind blowing them that way. From the passenger seat today comes "Do they plant them at an angle to get them to all grow like that?". Yes dear they have special diagonal planting process!

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Mrs Guttenberg has had some belters.

She thought the lead singer of the Rolling Stones was "McJagger" (she thought he just went by his surname or it was a nickname a la Bono & Sting).

:lol: :lol:

In Troon for a few days break this week. There are trees in Troon, a whole street of them, that grow at about a 45° angle to the ground or even less due clearly to the prevailing wind blowing them that way. From the passenger seat today comes "Do they plant them at an angle to get them to all grow like that?". Yes dear they have special diagonal planting process!

You passed my dad's house! He lives there! You'll sleep very well this evening with this knowledge.

You passed my dad's house! He lives there! You'll sleep very well this evening with this knowledge.

Indeed I will. Possibly also in part thanks to gubbing Morton today though. :lol:

I have family in Troon we were staying with incidentally, not just a random break. We go at least once a year for a few days. Perhaps I've even met your dad! :o