Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

• 2 weeks later...

I've been decorating this week so 2 related ones from me -

1) Wife - "How many coats will the wall need?"

Me - "Probably 3"

Wife - "What coat will you do first?"

Me - " _ _ _     "

2) One of my students asked me this morning If I remove the previous coat of paint before putting on the new one. 

Dozing in bed the other (not been well but don’t like to mention it. Don’t think my daughter has ever seen me go to bed unwell before). Heard Mrs come home. Heard daughter say to her “can you go and check if dad’s alive? I really don’t want to have to look at a dead body”. Happily sat watching Netflix for hours thinking I’m decomposing in another room.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I've been decorating this week so 2 related ones from me -

1) Wife - "How many coats will the wall need?"

Me - "Probably 3"

Wife - "What coat will you do first?"

Me - " _ _ _     "

2) One of my students asked me this morning If I remove the previous coat of paint before putting on the new one. 

You could probably have a decent YouTube channel answering those kind of questions.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Dozing in bed the other (not been well but don’t like to mention it. Don’t think my daughter has ever seen me go to bed unwell before). Heard Mrs come home. Heard daughter say to her “can you go and check if dad’s alive? I really don’t want to have to look at a dead body”. Happily sat watching Netflix for hours thinking I’m decomposing in another room.

@KnightswoodVanBear get your best suit on, it's happening. 

Edited by Swarley

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

You could probably have a decent YouTube channel answering those kind of questions.

I'll hold my hand up to a related story from when I was in Hong Kong -

We had moved into a new apartment building and most units were still empty.  I painted the walls as they were just plain cream.  My wife was on a business trip so I was "home alone" and decided to take advantage by going out and having a few beers and then a few more.  I made it home and opened the door to the apartment to find it was totally empty, everything was gone.  I genuinely thought we'd been burgled and for a split second I even though the thieving c***s had even stolen the paint off the walls.  Of course, I had mistakenly gone to the apartment on the floor above and as most units were empty the doors were mostly left unlocked.

Whilst I'm at it - When I first got the keys to the above apartment I was looking around the place and checking it out.  Suddenly the front door opened and a 3 folk came in and said "Hello" and then started to nosey around.  After a few seconds of shock I asked them If I could help them and they asked me how much the place was up for sale for.  It was like a scene from "One Foot in the Grave."

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We had moved into a new apartment building and most units were still empty.  I painted the walls as they were just plain cream.  My wife was on a business trip so I was "home alone" and decided to take advantage by going out and having a few beers and then a few more.  I made it home and opened the door to the apartment to find it was totally empty, everything was gone.  I genuinely thought we'd been burgled and for a split second I even though the thieving c***s had even stolen the paint off the walls.  Of course, I had mistakenly gone to the apartment on the floor above and as most units were empty the doors were mostly left unlocked.

Whilst I'm at it - When I first got the keys to the above apartment I was looking around the place and checking it out.  Suddenly the front door opened and a 3 folk came in and said "Hello" and then started to nosey around.  After a few seconds of shock I asked them If I could help them and they asked me how much the place was up for sale for.  It was like a scene from "One Foot in the Grave."

Mrs worked in an estate agents showing places (London, 1990s). Arranged to show four girls round a house and had arranged it all with the current occupants. No answer at the door so used keys and showed the girls around. Opened one door and there’s a boy on his bed having a w**k. Looked up to see five ladies gawping at him.

40 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs worked in an estate agents showing places (London, 1990s). Arranged to show four girls round a house and had arranged it all with the current occupants. No answer at the door so used keys and showed the girls around. Opened one door and there’s a boy on his bed having a w**k. Looked up to see five ladies gawping at him.

How I Met My Wife thread for this pish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/07/2022 at 11:46, hk blues said:

Two of my mates are sparks. They turned up at a rewire job, explained who the were and got started  A few hours later the boss arrived to check how it was going. He was knocking on the door of the house next door when he noticed the neighbours door open and all sorts of noise. Had a look in and the boys were hard at work in the wrong house.

The woman explained that she thought her husband had arranged a rewire and forgot to tell her.

17 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Two of my mates are sparks. They turned up at a rewire job, explained who the were and got started  A few hours later the boss arrived to check how it was going. He was knocking on the door of the house next door when he noticed the neighbours door open and all sorts of noise. Had a look in and the boys were hard at work in the wrong house.

The woman explained that she thought her husband had arranged a rewire and forgot to tell her.

This her? -

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/woman-stunned-builders-renovate-kitchen-24494048

On 02/10/2022 at 12:47, Sergeant Wilson said:

A couple of years ago, my son was living in a top-floor flat on one of the streets off Dalry Road. They had some water ingress through the roof, and he had to go through the pain of getting quotes and agreeing that everyone was up for engaging a selected tenderer. There is indeed always one person in a common stair who treats all such requests with unhelpfulness bordering on indignation - but he eventually got them all to sign up for it.

He wasn't going to be home during the repairs, so he gave them the flat number of someone to buzz, described how to get access to the roof from the stairwell, and confirmed that the main door was "Number 7, 4th door down from Dalry Road".

On the appointed day, a neighbour noticed that the roof was being repaired at number 8, too. The roofers had ignored the door number, counted down the doors from the main road, and fired in there with ladders, tiles and flashing.