Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I notice you've omitted the next one up, 'Belgium', which has presumably been dropped now that the UK is no longer an EU member state.

I'm fairly certain it's still commonly used to quantify things which are non-EU related though, so "Bolsonaro is destroying the Amazonian rainforest at the rate of an area the size of Belgium every year" for example.

I think it's Texas after Wales.

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I notice you've omitted the next one up, 'Belgium', which has presumably been dropped now that the UK is no longer an EU member state.

I'm fairly certain it's still commonly used to quantify things which are non-EU related though, so "Bolsonaro is destroying the Amazonian rainforest at the rate of an area the size of Belgium every year" for example.

Wales is Imperial, about 2/3 of the metric Belgium that barmy Brussels Bureacrats tried to force on us. 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Wales is Imperial, about 2/3 of the metric Belgium that barmy Brussels Bureacrats tried to force on us. 

Good spot. 👍

I'm looking forward to 'Yorkshires' and 'Surreys' re-entering our national lexicon of units of measurement 🇬🇧

21 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Size goes like this...

Double decker bus, football pitch, Wales.

Thats height (or in some cases length), area, area.

Volume is of course swimming pools (Olympic size) or in some cases, Wembley Stadiums.

Pressure I once saw described as “an amount of Eiffel towers pressing down on a snooker table”.

13 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Thats height (or in some cases length), area, area.

Volume is of course swimming pools (Olympic size) or in some cases, Wembley Stadiums.

Pressure I once saw described as “an amount of Eiffel towers pressing down on a snooker table”.

I'm sure it was the length of the English Channel, which is about 23 yards.. Fuckers who can't swim don't deserve to  serve me tea.  

I maybe wrong, but by f**k I'm not.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If you collected all the Covid on the planet it would fit inside a can of Irn Bru.

Why didn’t we do that and then kept it somewhere safe and out of reach. Would have saved a lot of hassle. 

Edited by Enigma

This isn’t my wife but my mother-in-law revealed the other day that she’d never heard of the asteroid or volcano theories of why Dinosaurs went extinct and assumed they had all just eaten each other.

9 hours ago, Enigma said:

Why didn’t we do that and then kept it somewhere safe and out of reach. Would have saved a lot of hassle. 

They did, it was placed at the back of a fridge in Methil.

Then some Fifer found it when they had it a hangover,

It was the last can in fridge and despite a post-it on it stating 'do not open it will kill millions', they couldn't help themselve.

It was Monday 07.27 and it was a 2 day hangover and that is how it started.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This isn’t my wife but my mother-in-law revealed the other day that she’d never heard of the asteroid or volcano theories of why Dinosaurs went extinct and assumed they had all just eaten each other.

Who ate the last one then? 

Just proclaimed (with a deadly straight face) that electric cars are really dangerous for deaf people crossing the road as they won't hear them coming.

Only after I looked at her oddly and pointed out that they wouldn't hear a tank coming either did she realise she meant blind people.