Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

The end credits are rolling having just watched an episode of 'Unsolved Mysteries', and she pipes up with -

"I hate how you never find out what happened at the end"

My retort of "You need the series Solved Mysteries for that" did not go down well.

Edited by Boo Khaki

• 2 weeks later...

My brother in law got one of those Krups beer machines for the house.  A couple weeks ago discussing Christmas presents I suggested we order a couple of bottles for him.  I'm told by my wife and her sister that it's not a good idea.

Last night. My wife turns to me and says:

"is there anywhere online that would deliver the beer bottles for Will?"

"it's not on Amazon so no chance it arrives before Christmas - that's why I said to order months ago"

"well why didn't you order?"

modern family ugh GIF by HULU

• 2 weeks later...

She was showing me an article earlier today about twins who were born either side of midnight meaning one has a 2021 birthdate and the other a 2022 birthdate. 

Because they have different birth dates she believed they couldn't be classed as twins

Watching The Chase this evening and the contestants set a score of 15. Then Big Anne comes on to chase them down.

‘Why is the Chaser getting it so easy this time? Last time they had to get to 21?’

Trying to explain the mechanics of how the game works after it has been on the telly (for what, 15 years?) has proved rather more difficult than expected. 

Spent some quality bonding time with my 11 year old at the weekend, teaming up to rip the piss out of the wife for claiming that ivor the engine was one of Thomas the Tank engine's mates. Fairly low level faux pas which she made worse by doubling down and insisting we look up.