Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

1 hour ago, Abby Normal said:

Glazier round earlier replacing a couple of fogged up panes of glass. He smashed out the old ones then went for a break. Mrs Par comes in, looks at the glass-free window and says “oh that’s much better”. 

To paraphrase the great JC, it's certainly uncontaminated by glass.

• 4 weeks later...

We were looking for something to binge watch on Friday night, and I mentioned Viewpoint, that had been on all week on ITV, but said we would need to be quick watching it on catch-up because of the Noel Clarke scandal.

Half way through she turns to me and said “I haven’t seen any inappropriate sexual stuff in this, do you think it will be in the last episode?”. Took me a minute to realise she thought that the issue with Noel Clarke was to do with what was happening in the show, and not what he is alleged to have done in his personal life.

Watched the news and weather a few weeks ago, and asked me where Glasgow was on the weather map.

We were looking for something to binge watch on Friday night, and I mentioned Viewpoint, that had been on all week on ITV, but said we would need to be quick watching it on catch-up because of the Noel Clarke scandal.

Half way through she turns to me and said “I haven’t seen any inappropriate sexual stuff in this, do you think it will be in the last episode?”. Took me a minute to realise she thought that the issue with Noel Clarke was to do with what was happening in the show, and not what he is alleged to have done in his personal life.

Watched the news and weather a few weeks ago, and asked me where Glasgow was on the weather map.
Jesus f**k.

Well worth two seperate posts there mucker. Pearlers both.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Just got an excited call through to look at all the baby pigeons in the garden. 

image.thumb.png.a05370a559055d5a6ccb72a176735c3c.png

I don't think "fucking moron" was too strong. 

I had similar. She mentioned blackbirds in the garden, I looked out and it was a crow the size of an alsation.

To be fair they are gathering as I've been feeding them to help recruit my crow and magpie army.

Last Sunday a taxi stopped beside us and the driver said he'd take us and put the meter on (they often don't here).  We didn't need a taxi so we sent him on his way.  The wife said he would driver faster to get a higher fare using the meter! 

Not the missus but the bairn (who should know fucking better at this stage).

Switched on BBC Alba last night and caught a bit of An La (mainly for the blond presenter and the weather wifies) for her to say "why are you watching German TV?"

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs Par, or Karen, as my daughter calls her, answered a call yesterday that turned out to be someone trying to get her to switch energy suppliers. In a bit of role reversal, he eventually hung up on her in the huff. If more of these firms call her then the problem of nuisance calls will eventually die out. 

16 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

Watching something on tv. Two French folk talking to each other in English..

”why have the subtitles stopped working?”

I said the same thing yesterday watching Danny Dyer.

Family day out today and my 14 year old was checking her phone when saw about the latest member of the royal family. She's always occasionally missed pronounced the odd word and when reading out the kids name she said "Mountain bat Windsor" instead of Mountbatten Windsor. It's been a while since they changed it from Battenburg and a new change is long overdue.

Another wonderful sunny day here with mucho lounging out the back. And darts.

One mini cloud appears and the missus runs away inside as “that’ll be it for the day”.

The sun was behind the cloud for about 30 seconds. 

She returns about half an hour later stating “amazing, the sun’s back out”.