Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

I usually get “is this real football or are you playing FIFA?” or “are they better than Dunfermline?”
I MUST have posted these before but back in the day, when you could go to football, the wife used to hit me with gems like...

"How was it?"

"Beat 3-2"

"Well at least they scored 2 goals that's no bad"

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I MUST have posted these before but back in the day, when you could go to football, the wife used to hit me with gems like...

"How was it?"

"Beat 3-2"

In the very early days of the WRK Marriage, the whole enterprise nearly faltered on the rock of her coming out with "it's only a game" when leighton could only parry that late Brazilian shot and Muller (I think) ensured our sorry record continued.

1 hour ago, KillieCon said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

"How was it?"

"Beat 3-2"

"I'm sure they tried their best"

‘Ah, well, better luck next week’.   And that’s before we get into the difference between a good draw and a bad draw.

Just blown the title by drawing against bottom of the league,  just drawn against top of the league to keep you safe from relegation = exact same reaction. 

In the very early days of the WRK Marriage, the whole enterprise nearly faltered on the rock of her coming out with "it's only a game" when leighton could only parry that late Brazilian shot and Muller (I think) ensured our sorry record continued.
Tom boyd og was it not. Chested it into the net?
Memories are hazy as a 14 year old at the time I was stupidly optimistic it was a one off disappointment for the tournament

9 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

Memories are hazy as a 14 year old at the time I was stupidly optimistic it was a one off disappointment for the tournament

june '90 he's on about

Watching pointless there and one of the final round questions was to name a station on the London marathon map.

Canada Water was a pointless answer to which she says “how do they run to Canada? Do they need to get a flight or run on a boat or something?”

Nah, Boyd was in 98. The one I'm meaning was in 1990, after we'd been gubbed by Costa Rica.

Guest bernardblack

On Sunday Mrs BB hit me with “oh my god it’s snowing in London...why isn’t it snowing here?”

“Erm I can’t answer that one I’m afraid. You do know that if it’s snowing somewhere, it doesn’t have to be snowing everywhere north of that right?!”

“Erm...yeah....course”

Noticed her university town was only about 30 miles from her home town.

Me: "So is Ann Arbor connected to Detroit?"

Her: "I don't understand"

"Well, is there any countryside between Ann Arbor and Detroit?"

"No"

"Okay, exactly, so it's just houses and businesses all the way?"

"No"

"Okay. So what connects Ann Arbor and Detroit?"

"Ummm... a highway"

😂

"And what's at the side of the highway?"

"A bunch of grass and farms"

😂😂😂

On 25/01/2021 at 07:29, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Ooft. Even my English friends, who had shown no mercy after Costa Rica, knew better than to give me any shit about that goal. 

I was a very angry man. 

Imagine if she’d said it again a few minutes later when Maurice Johnston ballooned over the bar from about 4 yards

Quite apt that my 6 monthly check up of this thread coincides with football chat. I went on the radio to listen to Raith vs Hearts last night, and before kick off they were discussing at length, West Ham and their recent fortunes. I made a snidey comment about why the **** are they not talking about the game they're there to cover instead. She asked if it had kicked off, to which I said no. I got a straight 'well, if it hasn't kicked off, what's there to talk about?'. She likes and watches football, but I swear, she just doesn't 'get' it.

Few weeks back too, we ordered a wee mini wireless hoover, and one of those Vileda mop things where you put liquid in it and spray the floor without the need of a bucket. Wound her up and told her that the wireless hoover came with a charger, but the wireless mop didn't. She muttered the words 'well it should be there', then brought her emails up on her phone to review the order before I caved in. ****ing tit.