Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

The couch is average height and untampered with. It's her dodgy knee that cases the problem getting off it. The things are on now anyway, we'll see how long they last until the next wheeze to resolve the issue comes up.

I suspect I might be getting dragged round furniture shops in January. Do any of them have sales on?

The couch was being used as a metaphor in that post.....

Dick

The couch is average height and untampered with. It's her dodgy knee that cases the problem getting off it. The things are on now anyway, we'll see how long they last until the next wheeze to resolve the issue comes up.
I suspect I might be getting dragged round furniture shops in January. Do any of them have sales on?

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The couch was being used as a metaphor in that post.....

Dick

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Got you now. Subtlety not my strong point.

I thought he was reminding you you'll need a couch ladder for certain visitors.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hk blues said:

The wife asked me the other night what day New Year's Day will be this year.  I said Friday.   She said,  "Oh, just like Christmas Day - is that unusual for them both to be on the same day"? She wasn't joking.   

If you’re up for some high level pedantry you could explain to her that, whilst Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve are always on the same weekday, New Year’s Day and Christmas Day are never on the same weekday.

18 hours ago, Funky Nosejob said:

If you’re up for some high level pedantry you could explain to her that, whilst Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve are always on the same weekday, New Year’s Day and Christmas Day are never on the same weekday.

Mate, she struggled with the idea that Dec 25 and Jan 1 are 7 days apart so always the same day - your point will send her over the edge.  

Another from her this afternoon -

She said she was going for a manicure and a pedicure - I asked where (f**k knows why as I don't really care) - she then tries to describe the place referencing numerous other small stores around it.  Finally getting pissed off with the guessing game that was ensuing, I asked if it was the place where I get my hair cut - she says yes.  

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of geography over dinner...

”They speak French in Portugal”

She is told this is incorrect.

”What do they speak in Portugal then?”.

She is informed they speak Portuguese. We establish that she thought Portuguese was only spoken in Brazil. 

”Well where do they speak French?”

😲

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HenryHill said:

Man Utd v Liverpool on.

Mrs Hill 'some of those players look so young. I don't recognise half of them'

Me, after a suitable pause 'do you recognise the other half?'

Mrs Hill 'No.'

I usually get “is this real football or are you playing FIFA?” or “are they better than Dunfermline?”

26 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

I usually get “is this real football or are you playing FIFA?” or “are they better than Dunfermline?”

During the early rounds of the FA Cup I got.

"Is this a real game, with real teams? That doesn't look like a real stadium, why are they playing there"?

55 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Not even Mrs Hill asks me if they are better than Cowden.

I suppose you have taught her that your televised victory over a local rival was the high watermark of football. These Manchester and Liverpool teams have not earned the right to face Cowden on BBC Alba.

On 29/12/2020 at 08:16, hk blues said:

Another from her this afternoon -

She said she was going for a manicure and a pedicure - I asked where (f**k knows why as I don't really care) - she then tries to describe the place referencing numerous other small stores around it.  Finally getting pissed off with the guessing game that was ensuing, I asked if it was the place where I get my hair cut - she says yes.  

Hope they clean the clippers between customers.