Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bit late replying to this, but if you're lazy I'd take the 9-5 any day.

I think it's the Only Fools & Horses thing - spending huge amounts of time and effort just to avoid doing what The System wants you to do.

Plus, he didn't have much to do with his kids anyway, from what I saw.

• 1 month later...
On 19/09/2020 at 00:07, Bully Wee Villa said:

Does the "FOOTBALL" button just select a match at random?

Ive got a football button on my telly remote. It turns the colour setting right up and give a cheer when you press it.

It then gives a boo sound when you press it to switch it off.

Keeps me entertained anyway. 

14 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

"Do you remember those things you'd get in shops and they had things in them?"

I bet you're deliberately not getting it to annoy her. She probably means those ones with the bit on it, not the ones with that man on the telly. 

Upon gentle suggestion a lay person would need a bit more to go on to deduce what she was meaning I was furnished with: "you know, they'd have things and you could get them each week to make a thing".
It transpires this was those De Agostini magazines with a bit of a train set or something you'd buy each week.
Was she looking to spend £800 on a build-your-own plastic DeLorean?

If so, calling cards of morons thread for this pish.

35 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Upon gentle suggestion a lay person would need a bit more to go on to deduce what she was meaning I was furnished with: "you know, they'd have things and you could get them each week to make a thing".

It transpires this was those De Agostini magazines with a bit of a train set or something you'd buy each week.

Told you, the ones with the bit on it. 

My wife has decided to send a parcel of baby clothes to her sister as we have not been able to get over and he's getting to the age range they are for.
She arranged a collection and sent me the labels to print but it turns out the printer ink has dried.
I tell her this and she says she will send the labels to her other sister to print for us.
Then comes back and says her sister will scan them to us and we should be good to go.

th?id=OGC.685f72e39146ca52c449e0fdbf5c5019&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fxMzLBclN6Z2yA%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=pRkq%2fUfttZ8PYFvdz9LQbY6x03%2byLqNnpHIKBgQyuvI%3d

1 hour ago, weirdcal said:

My wife has decided to send a parcel of baby clothes to her sister as we have not been able to get over and he's getting to the age range they are for.
She arranged a collection and sent me the labels to print but it turns out the printer ink has dried.
I tell her this and she says she will send the labels to her other sister to print for us.
Then comes back and says her sister will scan them to us and we should be good to go.

th?id=OGC.685f72e39146ca52c449e0fdbf5c5019&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fxMzLBclN6Z2yA%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=pRkq%2fUfttZ8PYFvdz9LQbY6x03%2byLqNnpHIKBgQyuvI%3d

Just ask her to fax the clothes to her sister.

19 hours ago, weirdcal said:

No pens in your house?