Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Currently doing that self isolation guff as has roughly 36/32 counties in Ireland are doing and the youngest has been my shadow over the day.
Wife said he's really taken to you at the moment and I joked it was Stockholm syndrome.
Is that like autism or down syndrome she asks...

I may be spending the night on the couch after I stop laughing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just remembered this one from last year.

It was a stunning summer day and we were out in the car.  

Her - do you think it will rain later?

Me - there's no a cloud in the sky, so, eh, no.

She stares at me blankly for a couple of seconds then asks, - what's clouds got to do with it?

I initially refuse to believe she's serious but her track record on these kind of issues is incredible.  I then have to explain how clouds work to a 35 year old woman.

I finish our short meteorology lesson by asking where she had thought the rain had come from.

The big blue bit.

Jesus wept.

This just blew my sister in-law's mind on our WhatsApp group chat...
IMG-20200522-WA0011.thumb.jpg.4422f08b751eff6e16d7939eb0bdfd11.jpg

Does this not work for every year since 2000? Add the age you’ll be that year to your year of birth and it’ll add up to whatever the year is? I may be wrong but it certainly works for me.
Born 1976 turned 24 in the year 2000 and surprisingly the answer to the question 1976+24=2000. And repeat every year after. Or am I missing something and being as thick as the other half’s who get slagged rotten on here?

Does this not work for every year since 2000? Add the age you’ll be that year to your year of birth and it’ll add up to whatever the year is? I may be wrong but it certainly works for me.
Born 1976 turned 24 in the year 2000 and surprisingly the answer to the question 1976+24=2000. And repeat every year after. Or am I missing something and being as thick as the other half’s who get slagged rotten on here?

It will always work. Your year of birth plus your age will equal the current year.

[emoji38]

7 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

Yes.

10 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

It will always work. Your year of birth plus your age will equal the current year.

It only works on idiots who have already celebrated the current year's birthday. And idiots who just can't count, obviously.

13 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

How about for before 2000? Asking for BigBo10...

I’m easily confused and clearly missed this point entirely. I’ll think before posting in future. Your continued abject abuse is entirely deserved and I offer no further defence of being a complete fuckwit!