Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

To be honest that would be preferable to the car being damaged

Classic double bluff. She's probably been pumped by a taxi driver, realised she's left the note out for you to find, and ran out and smashed up the car herself as a cover story.

There were a number if jellyfish washed up on the beach last weekend. 

The wife told the girls (ages in single digits) that the bits hanging underneath were, and I quote:

"testicles,; TENTACLES, TENTACLES I SAID TENTACLES" 

Personally v happy with message to not touch any testicles.Less comfortable with scientific inaccuracy but I can live with it

14 hours ago, coprolite said:

There were a number if jellyfish washed up on the beach last weekend. 

The wife told the girls (ages in single digits) that the bits hanging underneath were, and I quote:

"testicles,; TENTACLES, TENTACLES I SAID TENTACLES" 

Personally v happy with message to not touch any testicles.Less comfortable with scientific inaccuracy but I can live with it

That's all well and good until they went into primary school on Monday and said "Mummy was showing us testicles on Saturday."

Could go in either here or the infuriating thread really.

She just showed me her phone and asked if Mabie Farm Park was being sold (it's a kids play bit where we have a season ticket for the wee one). She's at the other side of the room so I ask:-

Me - Have you read the page?

Her - Aye.

Me - Well what does it say?

Her - I'll let you read it.

Me - If you've read it just tell me what it says.

Her - I can't be bothered reading it all again.

Me - If you've read it just tell me the gist, if they are selling it or not?!

*She throws phone at me* Page is a fucking selling page of the actual farm.

What the f**k goes on in their heads?! How she read that and rather than say "They're selling the farm" as opposed to asking me if they're selling it is fucking mindboggling. Totally different breed.

Could go in either here or the infuriating thread really.

She just showed me her phone and asked if Mabie Farm Park was being sold (it's a kids play bit where we have a season ticket for the wee one). She's at the other side of the room so I ask:-

Me - Have you read the page?

Her - Aye.

Me - Well what does it say?

Her - I'll let you read it.

Me - If you've read it just tell me what it says.

Her - I can't be bothered reading it all again.

Me - If you've read it just tell me the gist, if they are selling it or not?!

*She throws phone at me* Page is a fucking selling page of the actual farm.

What the f**k goes on in their heads?! How she read that and rather than say "They're selling the farm" as opposed to asking me if they're selling it is fucking mindboggling. Totally different breed.
Is it for sale then?

In a restaurant... I order a sparkling water.. it arrives in a carafe. I say to Mrs “I like it when restaurants have their own sparkling water”.

Mrs “They must have their own spring”. 

The inference here is that sparkling water comes out bubbly as it is from a spring. Springs are bouncy, like bubbles. 

In a restaurant... I order a sparkling water.. it arrives in a carafe. I say to Mrs “I like it when restaurants have their own sparkling water”.

The inference here is that sparkling water comes out bubbly as it is from a spring. Springs are bouncy, like bubbles. 
My mate is convinced that sparkling water comes out the ground like that. Hes a fairly intelligent guy.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
59 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My mate is convinced that sparkling water comes out the ground like that. Hes a fairly intelligent guy.

Some does. 

Certain rare geological conditions can produce naturally carbonated water; often the carbonation can be attributed to volcanic activity.

Naturally carbonated waters have historically been highly sought after for their supposed curative properties. The carbon dioxide helps this water absorb minerals in high levels. Apollinaris is an example of a naturally carbonated water. Volcanic activity in the Eifel region of Germany enriches the water there with minerals, and magma gives off carbon dioxide. Other naturally carbonated waters include Badoit, Gerolsteiner, Wattwiller, Ferrarelle, and Borsec. Perrier has a unique carbonation story. The water is distinguished by its natural carbonation, which comes from volcanic gases in the rock near the source.

But as international demand for Perrier grew, the company improved efficiency by capturing the water and the carbonic gas separately. The two substances are taken from the same geological formation, but they are extracted at different depths; the gas is then filtered before being added to the water. When you open a bottle of Perrier, the level of carbonation matches that found at the spring exactly.

http://www.finewaters.com/water-and-food-matching/flavor-taste-of-water/32-natural-carbonation