Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

7 hours ago, deej said:

Mine is similar. Starts packing days before we go and moans at me saying i'm so unorganised etc. 

Its packing clothes ffs.  Boxers, socks, tshirts/shirts, trousers/shorts. Shoes depending on what you'll be doing, done. 

Same here. Work out how many days you'll be away and pack as many changes of clothes as you'll need for that time, plus one extra for an emergency. Job done in 15 minutes. Half of the clothes and shoes Mrs R packs stay in the case from the moment we leave on holiday till the moment we return.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The wife has just informed me that up until a few years ago (less than 10), she though Mount Everest was in Britain somewhere.  

Because, and I quote directly,  “it doesn’t sound very foreign”.

I mean, she's not wrong:

In 1865, Everest was given its official English name by the Royal Geographical Society, upon a recommendation by Andrew Waugh, the British Surveyor General of India. As there appeared to be several different local names, Waugh chose to name the mountain after his predecessor in the post, Sir George Everest, despite Everest's objections.[7]

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The wife has just informed me that up until a few years ago (less than 10), she though Mount Everest was in Britain somewhere.  

Because, and I quote directly,  “it doesn’t sound very foreign”.

Fairly sure I did too, back when I was five or six years old. People seemed to be a wee bit obsessed with it back then, but there was never any mention of where it was.

Not that I'm trying to compare your missus' mental capacity to that of a small child, you understand.

Andy Murray and Serena Williams were apparently playing together in the “mixed doubles” because one is white and the other is black.

Corrected her but she wasn’t having any of it. It obviously then came up at her work, somebody corrected her then she came home and shared her new found knowledge with me, as if she was enhancing my knowledge of topic.

21 hours ago, deej said:

Mine is similar. Starts packing days before we go and moans at me saying i'm so unorganised etc. 

Its packing clothes ffs.  Boxers, socks, tshirts/shirts, trousers/shorts. Shoes depending on what you'll be doing, done. 

Toiletries, medication, coat(s), book, sex toys, passport...

You were never a scout, were you?

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Toiletries, medication, coat(s), book, sex toys, passport...

You were never a scout, were you?

Toiletries don't change though. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, aftershave, shampoo, shower gel. Grab a jacket on the way out.

Spoiler

And I've got all the sex toys I need already

4 minutes ago, deej said:

Toiletries don't change though. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, aftershave, shampoo, shower gel. Grab a jacket on the way out.

Hide contents

And I've got all the sex toys I need already

You've got one of THOSE raincoats then!

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Swarley said:

This could easily go in the PTTGOYN, car advice or infuriating things your partner does threads but anyway

Came home tonight and noticed a piece of paper on the kitchen worktop. It's a sheet from a taxi driver's receipt book, with "Call me", a mobile number and cab number scrawled on it.

I asked her what it was and she said it was on the car when she returned to it after our youngest's swimming lesson (car parked on street). "I was going to just bin it, I thought someone wanted to hire me as a taxi driver" says She.

I went outside to check the car and the front end has been damaged. The taxi has obviously reversed into her and the tow bar has smashed our car. He'd obviously left his details on our car.

She thought someone wanted to give her a job as a taxi driver! A JOB AS A TAXI DRIVER!! This women is degree educated and is normally pretty smart.

And she never noticed? I could see through it if the back end had been damaged Image result for kenneth williamsand she never noticed, but the front?

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And she never noticed? I could see through it if the back end had been damaged Image result for kenneth williamsand she never noticed, but the front?

Reading between the lines, I think what she is trying to tell Swarley here is that she went out and got her front doors smashed in by a taxi driver.