Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

I'm off to Sheffield in the morning to see my eldest and her blokey.  The train arrives about 12.15 so I messaged her:

Me:  Let me know where to meet you.  Let's say 12.30.

Her:  I’ll meet you at the train station! Is that where your train is getting in?

Don't Leave Me This Way was on the radio in the car and I piped up: "I can never remember if this is Bronski Beat or The Communards." 

She replied: "The Communards? Is that not the group Lionel Richie was in?"

2 minutes ago, Darren said:

Don't Leave Me This Way was on the radio in the car and I piped up: "I can never remember if this is Bronski Beat or The Communards." 

She replied: "The Communards? Is that not the group Lionel Richie was in?"

Don't be silly. It's the Russians.

Packing for going on holiday tomorrow and obviously her case is over weight. I'm going through it chucking shite she wont need, including a huge jar of decaff coffee and her 6th pair of shoes (we are only away for a fucking week). 

I'm now being threatened with "there better be decaf coffee in France, or else!" 

Secretly hoping there isn't just for the lols.

Packing for going on holiday tomorrow and obviously her case is over weight. I'm going through it chucking shite she wont need, including a huge jar of decaff coffee and her 6th pair of shoes (we are only away for a fucking week). 
I'm now being threatened with "there better be decaf coffee in France, or else!" 
I can understand her wanting to take the coffee, my missus takes tea bags with us when we go anywhere. But why the feck does she need the whole jar? Can she not just put enough for 1 or 2 mugs a day into a Ziploc bag or a smaller container?

19 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

I can understand her wanting to take the coffee, my missus takes tea bags with us when we go anywhere. But why the feck does she need the whole jar? Can she not just put enough for 1 or 2 mugs a day into a Ziploc bag or a smaller container?

I find that sort of behaviour fucking mental. As if there won’t be decaf coffee or teabags in France.

42 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I find that sort of behaviour fucking mental. As if there won’t be decaf coffee or teabags in France.

That's exactly what I said. 

I then proceeded to be fully packed within ten minutes and she's arguing that it is not possible to be done that quickly so is now actively looking through my case to see what I've forgotten. 

Shes totally lovely and rational the other 364 days a year, I promise. 

9 hours ago, CountyFan said:

That's exactly what I said. 

I then proceeded to be fully packed within ten minutes and she's arguing that it is not possible to be done that quickly so is now actively looking through my case to see what I've forgotten. 

Shes totally lovely and rational the other 364 days a year, I promise. 

Mine is similar. Starts packing days before we go and moans at me saying i'm so unorganised etc. 

Its packing clothes ffs.  Boxers, socks, tshirts/shirts, trousers/shorts. Shoes depending on what you'll be doing, done. 

11 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

My brother is going to Glasgow on a course and is taking his own tea bags, sugar and milk. He then 'steals' and brings home the sachets of sugar and the single teabags. 

Utter mentalist. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

My brother is going to Glasgow on a course and is taking his own tea bags, sugar and milk. He then 'steals' and brings home the sachets of sugar and the single teabags. 

Utter mentalist. 

Maybe it's brilliant forward planning, what if the next course doesn't have any?