Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

7 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

My wife has an annoying habbit of opening cards as soon as they arrive, rather than waiting for the day of the event they are clearly for.

To give an example our anniversary is this weekend, Sunday to be exact, yet she's opened cards today.

I've tried explaining to her that people will post cards in time so that they arrive before said event, but that normal people recognise this, put them aside, and will then open the card on the actual day.

Christmas cards the only exception to this.

Am I the weirdo here, or am I right?

Cards are for women to deal with unless it's likely to contain funds, in which case it should be intercepted and dealt with immediately on arrival. Cards without funds are an irrelevance and can be opened whenever she likes. 

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

My wife has an annoying habbit of opening cards as soon as they arrive, rather than waiting for the day of the event they are clearly for.cTo give an example our anniversary is this weekend, Sunday to be exact, yet she's opened cards today.

The P&B response: She's being kind.  She's trying to intercept the commiseration cards to save your feelings.
The sane response:  She's just happy about the event.

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

So if your birthday was coming up, and a card arrived a few days prior, you'd open it right away?

Mental behaviour IMO

Birthday cards especially as they're more likely to have paper presents inside.8)

13 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

So if your birthday was coming up, and a card arrived a few days prior, you'd open it right away?

Mental behaviour IMO

Going to have to side with the others here, get it opened. I highly doubt the person sending you a card with a score inside it will give a f**k if you open it a day or two early.

13 hours ago, mathematics said:

Cards, for any occasion, are fucking pointless.

It was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, so jumped into the shop at lunch to get a couple of cards (one from me, one from the cat and the dog, shut up).  I was £7.50 for two cards, absolutely stung.  Know I would have got grief had I not got them though, not worth the hassle.

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

It was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, so jumped into the shop at lunch to get a couple of cards (one from me, one from the cat and the dog, shut up).  I was £7.50 for two cards, absolutely stung.  Know I would have got grief had I not got them though, not worth the hassle.

Oh dear.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Card Factory, 29p a card, sorted

1 hour ago, Adam said:

hahahaha

There's more love in a home made card. Give the dug a paint brush and the cat some scissors.

Alternatively get your cards from Card Factory.

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Do you sign it as the cat and dug or just draw a couple of wee paw prints so she thinks that they went out together with their wee cat coins to the shop and bought one?

3 minutes ago, deej said:

Do you sign it as the cat and dug or just draw a couple of wee paw prints so she thinks that they went out together with their wee cat coins to the shop and bought one?

I    my cat and dog    The bit in bold. And maybe draw a picture of said pet too.