Out of the mouth of babes...

kiwififer

Was cutting up some cucumber the other day for a salad. As is my way, I had removed the skin. Enter Mrs B:

"Have you washed that?"

"Na I peeled it"

"Aye but have you washed it? I dont want to be eating pesticides!"

"Aye, i've peeled it though, so the skin is gone, would you wash an orange or a banana after you peel it?"

"Youv always got an answer eh"

Well, in cases like this where I am very obviously right and you a re being a bam.... Yes I have.

Mrs "I loved that Primal Scream concert but I don't think they played that song I like. You know the one that goes 'I'm free, to do what I want, any old time'".

Me: "I think you're thinking of that Soup Dragons cover of the Rolling Stones track "I'm Free". 

Mrs: "Yes, that's it. They didn't play it". 

Me: "That's because it's not a Primal Scream track".

Her: "Yes, but they didn't play it".

Fucking hell. 

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Mrs "I loved that Primal Scream concert but I don't think they played that song I like. You know the one that goes 'I'm free, to do what I want, any old time'".

Me: "I think you're thinking of that Soup Dragons cover of the Rolling Stones track "I'm Free". 

Fucking hell. 

See this is why I don't go to see the proclaimers. They don't play all the Stereophonics tracks I like

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Fucking hell. 

Reading between the lines, you need to give her more free time....

My other half's niece was telling her about some lassie she knew who was pregnant. Apparently the lassie, knowing she was having a boy, was considering naming the bairn Winston. Wife's niece didn't think it was a good name.

Wife says "actually I quite like it".

Niece: "aye but it's not a name usually given to white children. It's quite nice but not for me"

Wife says "Winston Churchill?"

Niece: "Was he white?"

My wife has an annoying habbit of opening cards as soon as they arrive, rather than waiting for the day of the event they are clearly for.

To give an example our anniversary is this weekend, Sunday to be exact, yet she's opened cards today.

I've tried explaining to her that people will post cards in time so that they arrive before said event, but that normal people recognise this, put them aside, and will then open the card on the actual day.

Christmas cards the only exception to this.

Am I the weirdo here, or am I right?

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

My wife has an annoying habbit of opening cards as soon as they arrive, rather than waiting for the day of the event they are clearly for.

To give an example our anniversary is this weekend, Sunday to be exact, yet she's opened cards today.

I've tried explaining to her that people will post cards in time so that they arrive before said event, but that normal people recognise this, put them aside, and will then open the card on the actual day.

Christmas cards the only exception to this.

Am I the weirdo here, or am I right?

If the card is addressed to me and it's in my house then it's fair game. 

Just now, Rizzo said:

If the card is addressed to me and it's in my house then it's fair game. 

So if your birthday was coming up, and a card arrived a few days prior, you'd open it right away?

Mental behaviour IMO